PDA

View Full Version : VIZ 2005

tjk0225
2004-06-09, 09:22 PM
Has anyone worked with VIZ 2005 yet? The literature and sales pitch we are getting says it is "compatible" with Revit - we can't get a straight answer as to what "compatible" means. Can you link and .rvt file directly into VIZ? What about materials?

Thanks.

Chad Smith
2004-06-09, 09:52 PM
"Compatability" between Revit and VIZ is a load of ****. :x
They shouldn't be allowed to list VIZ as a companion product to Revit on the Autodesk site.

I haven't upgraded to release 2005 because of the lack of Revit support, but from the literature that I have read around the web, "compatability" refers to you having to export out of Revit as a DWG file, then link that into VIZ. And even after doing that, it is still hard to work with, with assigning materials.

I was originally using VIZ with ADT before switching to Revit, and the file linking was a dream. I guess a lot of ADT->Revit converts are looking for that functionality again. I can't believe Autodesk wants people to swicth over to Revit, but after they went and enhanced the file linking for ADT users, and didn't do anything for Revit users, I can't see that happening just yet. :screwy: