PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Groups Error Message

msg4amer
2004-06-09, 10:16 PM
Each time I try to mirror a 3 story building, which I grouped, I get the following error message:

"Some of the groups you are trying to place contain inserts that are outside of hosts. These groups will not be copied."

Does anyone have an idea what this message means, and what can I do to resolve it?

Amer

Mr Spot
2004-06-09, 10:24 PM
This refers to hosted elements such as wall hosted plumbing fixtures etc. When mirrored they tend to not stay on the wall they were placed. To resolve the issue you'll either need to remove the hosted elements all together or replace them with non-hosted equivalents. This is easily done by making a new family non-hosted and cutting and pasting aligned from the hosted family.

Cheers. :)

msg4amer
2004-06-09, 10:35 PM
Thanks Chris!

It seems that this error only happens when you group all the objects together. What I ended up doing is ungrouping it, then selecting the entire floor plan and then mirror it. Worked fine with no error messages.

Thanks,
Amer

beegee
2004-06-09, 10:45 PM
Wes Macauley has written an excellent white paper (http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1928)on using groups in Revit, which includes useful tips when mirroring groups.