PDA

View Full Version : Lighting fixtures don't show up

johnf.77896
2006-08-14, 03:01 PM
I have an reflected ceiling/ electrical plan that I had printed out last week that had a couple of different lights in it. Today when I opened my project some of the lights did not show up. To my knowledge nothing had changed from last week to today. Would anybody have a clue on why this would happen? Also tried to insert a new light fixture in that ceiling, which it will do, but it isn't visible. When I go to a 3d view the lights are visible, they just wont show up in plan view. In addition I can insert the light into a different ceiling and it will be visible in plan view just not in the ceiling that I want it to show up in. There is a 5 1/2" difference in ceiling heights. Help! anyone.

John Fleming

SkiSouth
2006-08-14, 11:42 PM
I , they just wont show up in plan view.
John FlemingIf you are trying to show the lighting fixtures on a plan view, then you'll have to use an underlay or change your view range. Simplest is to underlay the level ceiling plan you want to show in the plan view(You do this in the view properties popup)., can you can change the walls, doors etc, to be grey scale with view properties. makes the Light fixtures show up nicely with doors etc.

The other way is to use a reflected ceiling plan, change the view range be cut below the light switch level (like 36") and show the view depth to be unlmited and range to be unlimited. Should show door swings, and light fixtures along with wall switches, but not outlets (unless above 36" AFF)

If not confusing enough post again and I'll write more :lol:

johnf.77896
2006-08-16, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the info Ski. For some reason I was able to put the lights in a different ceiling and them move them to the ceiling that I needed them on.

Thanks again.