PDA

View Full Version : Usable Truss Families

erikbjur
2006-08-14, 07:36 PM
I made some truss families awhile ago and thought I would post them to see if you can improve them or add more types. I only have a few types but they have worked great so far. I still need a box truss (for truss blocks). I need to change the slope from degrees to x:12. I have been doing the arctan(8/12) calc to get the pitch in degrees but I haven't included this in the families yet. Let me know what you think.

thnieves
2006-10-05, 05:06 PM
Very Generous offer. I´ll try to use them. Let´s see if I can put something here in return.

Tom Weir
2006-10-05, 09:07 PM
Thanks Erik,
Have you tried the new Truss makers in in RS4?

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

erikbjur
2006-10-11, 04:04 PM
These are just generic trusses that are more along the lines of a pre-manufactured wood truss. For those that work with trusses, they may be useful in modeling a truss roof. I use them all the time. They arn't perfect but are very usable. I need to modify the slope value to work off of x/12 format instead of degrees. You can still do arctan(x/12) to get the degrees. I just haven't put it in the family. You can also open them up to see how they work and create your own. I just ask that you share the knowledge and post them again. Hording knowledge only gets you so far and stagnates the industry.