PDA

View Full Version : Use Imported function with toposurface

Davied2
2006-08-15, 02:37 PM
Hi again everyone

When I receive a survey I have always had 100% success automatically creating a totosurface using the "Use Imported" function - its great.

I know that Revit cannot import AutoCad "Points" so our surveys are always drawn as a cross to represent level heights, which is a block made up of two AutoCad lines.

Usually when I create a topo, Revit only gives me one topo point per autocad cross
(Ie the intersection), however, now and again revit will produce 4 points for each cross
(ie the end point of each line , not the intersection).

I have checked both surveys in AutoCad and the crosses are both blocks made up of two lines.

Has anyone else noticed this or have any ideas or a setting I am missing.

Regards

Dave

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-08-15, 04:01 PM
My guess is that if the lines in the blocks are long enough Revit will treat them as lines and read the end points. Try changing the PDSIZE system variable in the ACAD file and making the lines a little shorter. I've also had some success with using a small diameter circle as the point. You could just redefine the block that way and see if it works

aggockel50321
2006-08-15, 05:43 PM
I've gone to writing out the block data (X,y, Z coords) as a delimited file and use that for the import, or better yet, get them from the surveyor in that format.

Seems to eliminate a lot of those issues.

Davied2
2006-08-16, 12:09 PM
Guys

Thanks for the input - In this instance I adjusted the length of the line in the autocad block and it worked correctly. Also I had'nt thought of PDMODE.

Many Thanks

Dave (Sunny Wales, Uk)