PDA

View Full Version : Need helps with Toposurface

jhuynh
2006-08-16, 09:52 PM
We just got this existing site plan from client in AutoCAD format with all the wiggling contour lines (you can see them in the attached PDF.) We need to build the topo in Revit that reflects this site plan. We assigned elevations for these contour lines in AutoCAD and did everything we could in Revit to build this topo. However, Revit simplified all these wiggling contour lines and turned them into smooth contour. We have to have this problem taken care of before we can put buildings, roads and parkings on it.

I wonder if any of you guys have worked with a site like this one. I would like to know how to create a topo like this one in Revit. I only have until this Saturday to complete it. Please, shine some light on me.

Thanks so much

Clyne Curtis
2006-08-16, 11:03 PM
Are those contours correct? 20 years working with topo maps and I have never seen contours that "wiggly"! Just curious...

Clyne

jhuynh
2006-08-17, 01:14 AM
Unfortunately, they are correct. We received the AutoCAD file of this site directly from the client. We want to impress our client with Revit and the capability of producing exceptional job. I have pulled all my hairs out to find a way to solve this problem.

Tobie
2006-08-17, 05:20 AM
I would rationalize the contours to form smooth lines. Some of the contours even seem to be loops. You might try and follow the wiggly lines if you focus on a smaller area.