PDA

View Full Version : Wall sweep visibility in plan?

patricks
2006-08-17, 01:40 PM
If I have walls with sweeps defined in the wall type (like a wood baseboard), is there a way to turn off the sweep visibility in plan? I tried turning off both Trim and Cornice sweeps in Visibility/Graphics but that didn't do it.

DanielleAnderson
2006-08-17, 03:50 PM
Can you use subcategories? I have done this before, but it was a while ago, so I am going to have to think back...I think I made the wall-sweep profile have a subcategory in the family, and then loaded it in and when I created the wall sweep, it was part of the subcategory. I THINK that's how I did it, but I know it's possible.

patricks
2006-08-17, 04:04 PM
There are no model categories (or sub-categories obviously) shown in a profile family. :(

aaronrumple
2006-08-17, 04:10 PM
There are no model categories (or sub-categories obviously) shown in a profile family. :(
No - sweeps that are a part of a wall family cannot be turned off. However hosted sweeps applied to walls can be assigned a subcategory an turned off.

Personally I do my base trim as a floor slab edge attached to a finish floor surface. This can also be turned off.

patricks
2006-08-17, 04:12 PM
I'm doing a furniture store which has a huge open showroom with a bunch of free-standing walls inside for displays, and also column wraps. All these have to get wood base molding, and it would be a PITA to put all those in as hosted sweeps.

It's not a big deal really if it shows in plan or not, I was just hoping there would be an easy way to turn it off.

DanielleAnderson
2006-08-17, 04:43 PM
That's right...yes, they were hosted sweeps, it's all coming back to me now...
Can you create them as in-place families? Also a pain, I realize, but you could get the desired result.

Adam Mac
2006-08-17, 11:42 PM
I only just found this out myself yesterday:

Go to your Settings > Object styles dialogue and, under the "Walls" category, creat a "New" subcategory called (e.g.) "Sweeps".
OK and Apply etc.

Then, in your Model, pick the sweeps (individually) you wish to control, go into "Edit" and find the Sub-category pull-down. Assign that to the sub-category you just created (e.g.) "Sweeps".

Now you have visibility control over your sweeps!