PDA

View Full Version : "fudging" dimensions in Revit

Henry D
2003-06-10, 03:57 PM
I do projects where I have to draw the plans in metric during the design phase and then convert to imperial for CD's. After conversion, I am getting an accumulated discrepancy in some long dimension strings between adding up the individual dims and the overall dimension. I believe this is due to an accumulation of rounded dimensions. In Revit the dimensions are tied to the walls so I can't "fudge"any of them by just stretching out the dim string. The best I have come up with is to draw another offset line to whatever distance I have to stretch my dimension- it's usually 1/16". The dimensions need to be very precise so I don't want to put +-. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-10, 04:08 PM
Will creating a new dimension style that uses different accuracy settings work for you?

I've done this for overall plans that might have a dimension that reads 192'-5 1/2" and "forced" it to 192"-6" by changing the accuracy values to nearest inch. You have to create a few versions depending on the level of accuracy you are striving for.

In your case maybe a nearest 1/16th or 1/8" setting would let you round up satisfactorily?

HTH

Henry D
2003-06-10, 05:00 PM
Yes Steve, Very good idea. I had thought about that solution a while ago, but forgot about it. Thanks a lot.

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-10, 05:27 PM
Naturally you'll be covering your "tookus" by putting a note regarding the dimension's accuracy/inaccuracy for construction. :wink: