PDA

View Full Version : conc. slab

lila
2006-08-17, 09:43 PM
does anyone know if you can thicken a concrete slab along the edges or even at random points for a turn down or thickened slab?

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-17, 09:44 PM
you use a slab edge profile and sweep it along the path. if you only need it in select locations along one line you'll need to split the sketch at those points.

Adam Mac
2006-08-17, 10:22 PM
OR

if in section view you can use the "Edit Cut Profile" tool - although this
is more for one-off "detail" views whereas Greg's suggestion will actually
model the beams in 3D.

lila
2006-08-17, 11:55 PM
i used the slab sweep although i only have one type of profile available and don't know how to create a new one that's smaller. also, when viewed in section, the slab turndown has no hatch associated to it and is not joined with the slab itself (there's a line between them which makes it look weird).
i also have a pad that is intersecting it and it all looks quite messy. any suggestions?

Adam Mac
2006-08-18, 12:07 AM
You could use a Detail Component to "cover" your sweep in Section - such as this one (attached) which is from the metric detail component library.... that way you'll still get the look you want in the model, but your section/detail will also be correct.
HTH.

jeddafish
2006-08-18, 12:21 AM
i used the slab sweep although i only have one type of profile available and don't know how to create a new one that's smaller. also, when viewed in section, the slab turndown has no hatch associated to it and is not joined with the slab itself (there's a line between them which makes it look weird).

Use the "Join Geometry" tool to get rid of the line between profile and slab. Make sure the profile family uses the same materials, e.g. cast-in-place-concrete, as the slab.
Making a new profile is done by using the "Profile" template under File/New/Family.