PDA

View Full Version : lines not going halftone as wanted

bdcombs
2006-08-17, 10:23 PM
I am still really new to Revit so please be patient. I am doing a residential project and have copied a floor plan to have it become an electrical plan. I wanted all elements from the floor plan to be half toned so I go to visibility graphics and set everything to halftone. The detail and model lines I have used in the original floor plan will not halftonein the electrical plan!! Even though the visibility graphics say that the lines are halftone. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Brian

Melarch
2006-08-18, 01:16 PM
An easy way to make the existing model grey tone is to go to View Properties and change the Display Model to Underlay. As for lines in a specific view you need to override each of the Line Styles under Lines in Visibility Graphics. Checking the Halftone check box has no effect on individual Line styles. Although you would think this would be an Override for all of the Line Styles, but Alas! it is not.

bdcombs
2006-08-18, 01:52 PM
Good tip about the display model as underlay. Thanks. Even with overrides the detail and model lines will not show up halftoned. I have tried every combination and can not figure it out.
Thanks anyway.
Brian

Joef
2006-08-18, 02:19 PM
Just guessing here, but have you tried printing raster rather than vector?

archjake
2006-08-18, 02:28 PM
Maybe you used the line work tool on the offending lines? If so, the linework tool is an override. Just hit it again with it set to <by category>

aaronrumple
2006-08-18, 03:07 PM
Maybe you used the line work tool on the offending lines? If so, the linework tool is an override. Just hit it again with it set to <by category>
The linework tool does not work on either drafting or model lines. This tool only applies to model objects.

bdcombs
2006-08-18, 03:42 PM
Well I did figure it out...sort of. I did have "offending lines" on top of the model lines. For some reason the model lines were not showing through in the electrical plan originally so I drafted detail lines on top in the elctrical plan. It works now.
Thanks,
Brian