PDA

View Full Version : big locked wall trouble

..shaner
2006-08-18, 01:58 PM
hi everyone, im working on a 5 storey condo with ICF and HC construction
ive developed a grid that is to the inside edge of the ICF walls which is our office standard. but this project is unique and ive now got a problem. basically we were using a 6" ICF on all floors be the engineer told me we are going to need 8" on the main floor due to the size of the structure. therefore im going to need to update the walls on the mainfloor only and i want to push the extra 2" to the inside of the building, therefore moving all the grids 2" offset from the inside edge of the 6" walls

my problem is ive locked most of the walls to the grid, and i need to move the grid without moving the walls. does anyone know how to unlock a wall constraint to a grid line?

thanks for any help

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-18, 02:42 PM
you should be able to see the lock icon when you select the wall - pick it to unlock it...

aaronrumple
2006-08-18, 03:09 PM
you should be able to see the lock icon when you select the wall - pick it to unlock it...
You can also do a move with the disjoin option checked. However, be warned that any dimensions in any view that reference this grid will be deleted as well.

Melarch
2006-08-18, 04:30 PM
Select the Grid line and you should see a lock there as well.

Firmso
2006-08-21, 01:43 AM
hi everyone, im working on a 5 storey condo with ICF and HC construction
ive developed a grid that is to the inside edge of the ICF walls which is our office standard. but this project is unique and ive now got a problem. basically we were using a 6" ICF on all floors be the engineer told me we are going to need 8" on the main floor due to the size of the structure. therefore im going to need to update the walls on the mainfloor only and i want to push the extra 2" to the inside of the building, therefore moving all the grids 2" offset from the inside edge of the 6" walls

my problem is ive locked most of the walls to the grid, and i need to move the grid without moving the walls. does anyone know how to unlock a wall constraint to a grid line?

thanks for any help
After reading this, I was wondering if it were better to create wall styles for each floor level initially, so when things like this come up in the near completion stage of a project you wouldn't worry so much about things moving and shifting.
Just a thought.