PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Wall Misbehavior

rkitect
2006-08-18, 06:20 PM
I have a stacked wall that I'm 'breaking up' in order to attach it to a gabled roof. When I break it up, it deletes a door and the sweeps on the bottom stack flip orientation (so the sweeps are suddenly on the gyp brd side of the wall.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

TIA,

_Carl

rkitect
2006-08-18, 06:34 PM
Ok.. even stranger is this.. I tried out of curiosity to see what would happen if I just attached the wall to the roof... and it worked fine. What is the normal behavior of a stacked wall supposed to be when attached to a roof? Ever since I started trying this the bottom wall assembly always ended up attaching to the roof completely eating the top assembly.

TA

_Carl

patricks
2006-08-18, 07:18 PM
yet another reason why I won't touch stacked walls with a 37.5 ft. pole :p It just makes for too many headaches, EVERY time I have tried using them in a project.

Firmso
2006-08-21, 01:16 AM
yet another reason why I won't touch stacked walls with a 37.5 ft. pole :p It just makes for too many headaches, EVERY time I have tried using them in a project.
You just have to think like a builder when Modelling with Revit.
I don't think anyone would want to stack walls. Not even if you have a 100 foot pole to work with.