PDA

View Full Version : Curtainwall Types

jcoe
2006-08-18, 07:26 PM
I am creating a legend of window types for my project. I would like to show my curtainwalls with my windows. Because the curtainwall is a wall type, the legend will only allow me to place it in plan view or section view. What is the best method to do a curtainwall legend? Please do not tell me I have to draw them all as detail lines!

In previous versions, I have created a wall off to the side, placed windows and doors in the wall and used this as a legend/schedule. I would really like to take advantage of the legend with curtainwalls/windows as I do with my doors and door frames.

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-18, 07:47 PM
The short answer is you can't... in order to place them on a Legend you would need to create separate Families and Types.

If the assemblage is something that is repeated over and over in the project (what the minimum number of times is I don't know though some would argue it's 2) then I think this is the way to go.

If, however, the assemblage is unique in the project and you decide to use Revit's system family and tools then you'll need to create an Elevation view of it and turn off the visibility of objects you don't want to see.

christo4robin
2006-08-18, 08:13 PM
Jason,

What I have done in the past is Greg's method - make a unique elevation view type - Curtain Wall or something like that, then create an elevation for each unique piece of storefront. Then place each elevation onto the sheet. You'll need to hide those elevation tags in plan views - can be a bit tedious.

3dsketcher
2006-08-18, 08:14 PM
same here. i just used elevation/section views. i also created a view template just for window elevations so that its faster to filter all the other stuff that you don't need.

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-18, 08:24 PM
Instead of hiding them consider using Options.

You create a new Option Set called Annotation and call the Primary Option something like Not Visible. You can create additional Options with names based on scale or use or whatever. Place your Elevation and look at its Instance Parameters and tell it to be visible in the whatever Option is appropriate (for this it would be the Not Visible option). When/if you need to see it you can create a view with this Option visible.

I'm doing this for interior elevations that I don't want or need to appear on my small scale plans and hiding them in each view is so not an option (get it... option... <g>)

jcoe
2006-08-18, 08:54 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am going to tackle this on Monday. I think for what I need to do, the design options approach sounds promising.