PDA

View Full Version : Detailing

Martin P
2003-06-10, 04:21 PM
Draw the detail on a callout or a section. Make it into a detail family, simple, but revit cant do it just now? at the moment you have to re do it all in the family, or even worse you have to try and use groups - which usually end up not working, or causing you to crash. (because they basically dont work at all, even with filled regions!)

beegee
2003-06-10, 09:34 PM
Draw the detail on a callout or a section. Make it into a detail family, simple, but revit cant do it just now?

This must be right up there in my top 5 of the wishlist.

beegee

Phil Palmer
2003-06-11, 08:06 AM
MArtin,

Couldn't agree more with that suggestion.
POLE IT !

I have a project in Revit which has loads of 2d drafting view details.
The user took it in his wisdom to use revit like Autocad and has simply used various lines/dims/filled regions etc etc.
(Great set of details though) - lol

I would really like to simply pick the graphics and 'Save As' a detailed component.
Instead its grouping or copy and pasting into a detail component template - If I am lucky enough for that to work.

Martin P
2003-06-11, 08:52 AM
MArtin,

Couldn't agree more with that suggestion.
POLE IT !

I have a project in Revit which has loads of 2d drafting view details.
The user took it in his wisdom to use revit like Autocad and has simply used various lines/dims/filled regions etc etc.
(Great set of details though) - lol

I would really like to simply pick the graphics and 'Save As' a detailed component.
Instead its grouping or copy and pasting into a detail component template - If I am lucky enough for that to work.

Took a while for me realise what you meant by pole it :lol: I have now though!