PDA

View Full Version : Extending eave on footprint roof

mpoole
2004-06-10, 05:55 PM
I am modeling a project with a footprint full hip roof and would like to extend (lower) the portion of the eaveline over the entry. Revit seems to want all eaves to have the same elevation. Any ideas how I would do this?
Sparky

stuntmonkee
2004-06-10, 06:02 PM
goin to need a bit more info. . .are all the overhangs the same? Are plate heights different? Doesnt sound like you will be able to do it with just one roof really.

sfaust
2004-06-10, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but you can offset lines of the roof sketch vertically from sketchmode. Select a slope defining line and go to properties. There should be a parameter for offset from level. This allows you to have eaves at different vertical heights. Play around with this and see if it gets you what you want...

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-10, 06:11 PM
You can do it by drawing the portion to be lowered in the sketch and then do not assign any slope value to it.

See attached.

hth,

Z.

mpoole
2004-06-10, 06:19 PM
goin to need a bit more info. . .are all the overhangs the same? Are plate heights different? Doesnt sound like you will be able to do it with just one roof really.
The overhang for all eaves except over the entry is to be 24". The overhang over the entry is to be 8'-0". All plate heights to be the same. I can do this because I have a top plate elevation of 9'-0" and a low slope (4/12) roof. I want to extend/lower the section over the entry using the same 4/12 pitch.

mpoole
2004-06-10, 06:24 PM
You can do it by drawing the portion to be lowered in the sketch and then do not assign any slope value to it.

See attached.

hth,

Z.
That got it! Thanks.
Sparky