PDA

View Full Version : Help with Grading

bd5cents
2006-08-21, 05:36 PM
Hey I am posting on a question about trying to creating driveways, Is there a special way to go about them?= I know there is a way to split the survace to define that that is where the drive way is, however, I am trying to illustrate the driveway with a depth to it. I need the exterior boundaries of the driveway to slope to its depth... I was wondering what the best method would be to go about doing this?

sbrown
2006-08-21, 07:31 PM
Since revits site tools are very limited, I would suggest using a sloping floor(or multiple sloping floors joined together as needed.

Davied2
2006-08-21, 07:37 PM
Hi There
We always create roads using floors and also have a slab edge profile which looks like a kerb section so we can add kerb edging to our roads.

Dave

mfiechtner
2006-10-25, 05:53 PM
What do you do when a slab is sloping in two directions?

greg.mcdowell
2006-10-25, 06:15 PM
Make two floors and join them.

barathd
2006-10-25, 07:02 PM
Use slope arrow.

greg.mcdowell
2006-10-25, 07:07 PM
Can you use more than one Slope Arrow on a Floor? I don't think you can (though you can on a Roof). Doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you can't... but then I guess that's what we get for pushing the software in directions it wasn't intended to go! <grin>

barathd
2006-10-25, 08:22 PM
Can you use more than one Slope Arrow on a Floor? I don't think you can (though you can on a Roof). Doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you can't... but then I guess that's what we get for pushing the software in directions it wasn't intended to go! <grin>
Use the slope arrow from one corner to the other (diagonally opposed).