PDA

View Full Version : Pads : Changing Host by Element IDs?

ryan_austin
2006-08-21, 11:22 PM
I know there are already many posts on this subject, but I wanted to revisit the issue of pads attaching to the wrong toposurface. I am currently working on a project with a rather complex site topography. It is essential that I'm able to show the existing topography, and the new topography, and therefore have a toposurface created in each phase. The problem is of course that when I start drawing in the pads, they apply to the wrong toposurface. I've tried pretty much every tip I could find on Augi with no luck. Now from what I understand of the problem, the issue is that pads do not distinguish between toposurfaces of different phases or design options. It seems that a pad chooses its host by the Element ID number of the toposurface and nothing else. How it chooses which Element ID to attach itself to seems almost random. So, I was wondering if there is a way to edit the database info of the project and manually alter the Element ID number for the pad to host? For example, if I have two pads in 2 different phases, one with an Element ID of 124845 and the other as 290124, and the pads insist on hosting to Element 290124, is there a way to set to toposurface Element ID to 124845? Any help would great.

Thanks,
Ryan Austin

shaunamorain
2006-08-22, 04:13 PM
Wow, I don't know about changing the database...

Have you tried an alternative to a pad? Perhaps a subregion, or a mass?

ryan_austin
2006-08-22, 05:52 PM
Have you tried an alternative to a pad? Perhaps a subregion, or a mass?

Well, I'd prefer to use pads since I need to cut an opening into the toposurface for the building.

Thanks,
-ryan