PDA

View Full Version : Parking Deck Ramp & Beam help.

boofredlay
2006-08-22, 01:53 PM
I am trying to do a simple ramp in a parking deck. 3 levels above ground floor. First level is 12'-3" floor to floor and the next two are 9'-11" floor to floor.

My ramp needs to have a 6% beginning and ending slope with 12% in between. I already have the distanced needed and all, I just want to know the best way to build the ramps in Revit.

Our company went through the basic training on Revit recently but did not cover parking deck ramps. My first thought was "by extrusion" like a sample roof we did in training. I cannot find this in the ramp command.

Thanks for any help on this.

Also, I have my concrete columns in place, stairs in place, walls in place, slab in place. now I am trying to place concrete beams where the structural engineer is telling us to and I am not finding any concrete beam families. How would I do this as well?

Again, thanks.

Eric

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-22, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't make it a Revit ramp... I'd use a sloped floor (which it actually is). If you use a slope arrow you have a bit more control than if you define an edge as sloping.

Revit has plenty of concrete structural members but you'll have to load them into your project as they aren't there in the default template.

boofredlay
2006-08-22, 02:25 PM
Thanks Greg, I will try the sloping floor.
Would I do 3 seperate floors? Both the 6% on top and bottom and then the 12% (or whatever is in between)?

Thanks.

BTW, I was looking in the wrong place for the beams... I got them now.

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-22, 02:26 PM
yes, i think you'll have to use 3 floors for that

boofredlay
2006-08-22, 03:37 PM
I am getting a new problem. When I go to start my sloped floor on level A (I have the ground floor, A , B & C) I get the attached warning message. However I do not get that message on any other level.
Did I create a work plane that is invalid somehow? I am confused.

Eric

boofredlay
2006-08-22, 05:36 PM
Well anyway, I just created it on the B level and copied it down to the A. The slope arrow worked great.

Thanks again.

Eric