PDA

View Full Version : Room Tag Duplicates---- Help!!!

michael.harris
2006-08-22, 03:44 PM
To all Revit Jedi's......... I'm a rookie with a question. We're brand new to the Revit world and are having the usual growing pains. But having much trouble creating room schedules for early programming. It's our understanding that you should input the total program schedule first, and then place tags as you create walls/ rooms. No problem.

My question is, if I have, for example, 35 "Offices" (each at 120 sqft), do I have to input "Office" 35 times in the schedule? It won't let me duplicate a room tag. There's gotta be a faster way (my program is 60 pages long!!!). I tried using the "count" field, but my minimal skills got crushed.

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-22, 03:49 PM
yes, you'll have to input it 35 times, one for each room... i seem to remember some discussion about creating an external text file with the information and importing it but i don't know enough to say much more than that

also, you don't "have" to go the route your talking about... in fact, it might lead to more problems than it's worth (I had an issue with how the rooms are arranged when you are presented with the list to choose from when placing rooms... yes, it's an office but to which department does it belong?)

michael.harris
2006-08-22, 04:05 PM
Thanks Greg for responding so quickly. I will try grouping by department as you said. But even so, each department has multiple, generic spaces in the program such as "Office" or "Clerical Workstation"....... I just thought Revit's schedules could work like spreadsheets, thus eliminating all the rows needed for each instance (when I could just quantify the row itself). But I wouldn't presume to call it a "bug" just because I don't know how to streamline it (still a rookie, and have not met Yoda yet).

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-22, 04:28 PM
you can get the schedule to show only 1 line for the offices and even have it tell you how many there are... but in order to do that it has to know how many there are and that means you have to enter them manually...

sbrown
2006-08-22, 04:36 PM
You don't have to type office 35 times, there are 2 ways to do this. the first is type office once, then click new, then in the name you will be able to click in the space and pull down and see a list of all the room names allready used, select the one you want.

The other is to create one room Office, then place it somewhere, then copy the room object into the spaces you want to be offices.

Michelle Gibson
2006-08-22, 04:43 PM
When it comes to filling in the schedule, even if you have 35 individual offices listed, you can at least have a key schedule done for each room type and, by selecting a predefined room type, the entire row of information for that particular room is filled in. I had trouble with schedules and had a lot of help in filling those in on this forum. Do a search and you will find lots.