PDA

View Full Version : Beams

tonyisenhoff
2004-06-10, 08:59 PM
I have beam ( 8x 12 timber components) showing in a loft view. I would like to see them in a lower view to coordinate with furniture. Not having much luck...

I tried view range and set top range to unlimited - nope.

Underlay - loft - nope.

View visibility all on - nope.

What am I missing??

adegnan
2004-06-10, 09:17 PM
Set your view range (temporarily) so the cut plane goes through the component you want to show. Then use linework to change the lines to whatever style (overhead, hidden?) you want it to show in.

Then change your cut plane back to the normal height again and the linework lines will still work.

You could also use detail lines but they would not be parametric unless locked. And to lock them you'd hvae to change the view range also.

tonyisenhoff
2004-06-10, 09:26 PM
Set your view range (temporarily) so the cut plane goes through the component you want to show. Then use linework to change the lines to whatever style (overhead, hidden?) you want it to show in.

Then change your cut plane back to the normal height again and the linework lines will still work.

You could also use detail lines but they would not be parametric unless locked. And to lock them you'd hvae to change the view range also.

Right on Abe!

Is there a reason I just couldn't see them when adjusting the view range. I thought that you could see anything within the primary range if adjusted properly?

adegnan
2004-06-10, 11:15 PM
I don't know why the other settings don't work. I had the same problem today, when I was doing similar work.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-06-11, 04:35 AM
Depending on the view setting (coarse, medium, fine) and the visibilty settings of the componenet family they may not be set up to be seen in the view you were looking at.