PDA

View Full Version : Hand.shx equals what in Revit?

CADMama
2006-08-23, 05:54 PM
Is there something that others use for a substitution for the hand.shx when coming out of that other product?

CADMama

Scott D Davis
2006-08-23, 07:13 PM
Arial? Well....you asked! Actually, someone has posted a hand font converted to TTF for use. Let's see...it's around here somewhere.......<shuffling papers> ahhhhh...here it is! (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=39830) Look for the post by David Kingham with a ZIP attachment.

CADMama
2006-08-24, 02:06 AM
Thanks all - my customer went with stylus bt even after I showed him the other ones.

Now does anyone know about CG Omega.ttf? I can't find it for Revit but I see it for Word! Searched the entire machine and did not find it. Any ideas?

ron.sanpedro
2006-08-24, 03:35 AM
Is there something that others use for a substitution for the hand.shx when coming out of that other product?

CADMama
I am also a fan of Stylus BT for SD drawings. It has the look of hand lettering with a technical pen, which I think fits the looks of a Revit or AutoCAD plot much better than the pencil lettering look. No special characters like PL and such. On the possitive side I think it is a standard Windows font.

Gordon

patricks
2006-08-24, 03:36 AM
so SHX files have to be converted eh? Now if there were only a converted file for Symbol.shx, because I'm tired of importing civil drawings and having Greek characters all over the place instead of the correct tree-shaped symbols. :banghead:

CADMama
2006-08-24, 03:37 AM
If we can convert shx file I would LOVE to know how.

Until then it is stylus bt for me.

patricks
2006-08-24, 03:38 AM
shoot even converting probably wouldn't do it. I just want to know how to get those blasted Greek characters to display correctly on imported CAD files. :mad:

blads
2006-08-24, 04:33 AM
Thanks all - my customer went with stylus bt even after I showed him the other ones.

Now does anyone know about CG Omega.ttf? I can't find it for Revit but I see it for Word! Searched the entire machine and did not find it. Any ideas?Whilst I dont know that particular font - it could be an Open Type Font rather than a true TTF, in which case it'll work in word but not in Revit. A search in the Fonts in the Control Panel area will reveal all.

SCShell
2006-08-24, 02:07 PM
Hey there,

Another option is to find someone who has a font building software and have them make you a custom font based on your own 'hand lettering'. I did this several years ago when I first got onto the computer with Revit. I also use it for forms and other stuff. My clients and Plan Check still wish that I would use Arial.....hah!
Good Luck
Steve

archjake
2006-08-24, 02:43 PM
Rub it in Steve!
We are already jealous of your personal font! And your hand lettering ability!

Take it easy

Hey there,

Another option is to find someone who has a font building software and have them make you a custom font based on your own 'hand lettering'. I did this several years ago when I first got onto the computer with Revit. I also use it for forms and other stuff. My clients and Plan Check still wish that I would use Arial.....hah!
Good Luck
Steve

Danny Polkinhorn
2006-08-24, 08:07 PM
If we can convert shx file I would LOVE to know how.

Until then it is stylus bt for me.
http://www.tcfonts.com/