PDA

View Full Version : Why are .ctb file's hiding?

Wolfgirl
2004-06-10, 11:19 PM
Hey all. This is an issue that a friend brought to my attention. I haven't been able to figure it out, so hopefully one of ya'll can.

Scenario:
Create a new drawing using "acad - Named Plot Styles.dwt". Toss in a few lines and go to plot the drawing. All the .ctb files are missing from your plot style list! Even if go to Options -> Plot and Publish -> Plot Styles Table Settings, you can chose to use color dependent plot styles, but none show up when you go back to plot. What setting am i missing?

I use Vanilla CAD 2005, my friend uses Land Desktop (with a bunch of add-ons I can't remember right now) but the results are the same in both. That Named Plot Styles.dwt file is apparently his default and he forgot to change it when he began the project. Now he's to the point of needing to plot it, but can't access his ctb plot styles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is really weird!! :screwy:

mjfarrell
2004-06-10, 11:58 PM
convertpstyles
and plotstyle are the command you
should be using for this function

Wolfgirl
2004-06-11, 12:22 AM
convertpstyles
and plotstyle are the command you
should be using for this function

OMG you have no idea how much that helped!! The correct plot styles are now available and life is good. Thank you so much!!! :grin:

mjfarrell
2004-06-11, 12:31 AM
Wolf Girl,

No problem, even though it is ironic that my augi 'reputation'
might indicate otherwise. Seems that some have nothing better to
do than to try to tarnish my name. Spread the love :)

Wolfgirl
2004-06-11, 01:43 AM
Wolf Girl,

No problem, even though it is ironic that my augi 'reputation'
might indicate otherwise. Seems that some have nothing better to
do than to try to tarnish my name. Spread the love :)

:lol: Never fear!!! I still like ya!!!

JamesVan
2004-06-14, 01:07 PM
Scenario:
Create a new drawing using "acad - Named Plot Styles.dwt".

Your template selection is the source of the problem. Be sure to choose a template that indicates "Color Dependent Plot Styles" and you won't need CONVERTPSTYLES.

Wolfgirl
2004-06-14, 06:08 PM
Your template selection is the source of the problem. Be sure to choose a template that indicates "Color Dependent Plot Styles" and you won't need CONVERTPSTYLES.

Your quite right James. But I already stated previously that my associate had forgotten to switch to his normal template when he started this particular project and left it to the default. What I needed was the fix to the mistake so that he could move on with his work. :lol: Hopefully he's learned his lesson though and won't be giving me any more headaches. :banghead: