PDA

View Full Version : Wall Sweep Profiles

jcoe
2006-08-24, 09:04 PM
Wall sweeps do not seem to turn the corner at wall ends even when the material of the wall is set to wrap. Is this typical behavior? Did I do something wrong? How can you work around this?

sbrown
2006-08-24, 09:44 PM
You can pick on the end of the wall sweep, then in the options bar chose to edit corner condition or something like that. set the angle. then you can drag the blue grip as far as you want.

jcoe
2006-08-25, 03:10 PM
Scott,

I found the edit sweep return feature and was able to get the sweep to turn the corner. However, when I select the sweep after editing, none of the grips are appearing. I cannot seem to modify the length of the return.

Phil Palmer
2006-08-25, 04:24 PM
This is a known issue for some time now.
The grips will appear in a 3d view and elevation or section but not in standard level plan views.
1 way around this would be to orientate your 3d view to the plan level and then the grips would appear for you to stretch etc. or cut a section and do it in that view if you can.

jcoe
2006-08-25, 04:47 PM
Thanks Phil. Orienting the 3-d view to plan helped with the grips. Now the next problem. When I try to modify the same sweep return at both ends I get this message:

"Could not create integral wall sweep for wall instance. Failed to properly create all segments. This sweep may not properly miter with neighboring sweeps."

You can see from the previous post, I get this opposite corner scenario. I'd like to miter all corners, then drag them to meet in the middle.

jcoe
2006-08-25, 05:01 PM
I managed to get one side to work by playing with different combinations of returns, but I cannot remember what I did.

This tool is not intuitive at all and quite clumsy - IMHO.