PDA

View Full Version : What objects/styles show through colour fill

Michelle Gibson
2006-08-25, 03:38 PM
I am doing presentation drawings using colour fill. Works fine except some things show through and some don't and I even have a room with a series of repeating desks and only parts of the desks show through.

In the colour fill family type, I see there is an option for background for opaque or transparent. I don't know what this will do for my drawing. Can someone explain it as I've tried both settings and don't see the difference.

I would really like my colour fills to be transparent and let everything come through (ie. I am looking for a draw order command to send the colour fill back!).

thanks!

shaunamorain
2006-08-25, 04:30 PM
If you do an advanced search w/ keyword color fill, there are many threads on this topic.

Michelle Gibson
2006-08-25, 04:39 PM
Yes I have done an advanced search and most of them are mine... I am still looking for answers on the following:

inconsistency of display for same family (filing cabinet) on two different plans

two different colour fill legends on same project when I only have one type

control of draw order for colour fill, ie. getting everything to show thru.

None of the above are going to make or break the presentation board, I just wondered why the inconsistency.

thanks,

shaunamorain
2006-08-25, 06:59 PM
Hummm...
well, I can't answer your questions (still in the pea brain phase)

Perhaps if you offer Steve a beer, he can help!

kpferrante851725
2006-09-20, 06:27 PM
Michelle,

Under Visibility/Graphic's Model Categories: sometimes GENERIC MODELS, as well as FLOORS will overide the colorfill order / settings. You will have to turn these off for your fills to appear correctly.

I find color fills consistently inconsistent as well. Good luck.