PDA

View Full Version : Brick Walls vs Partition Walls

Willem Ackerman
2004-06-11, 12:01 PM
How can I preview/plot a floor plan showing brick walls only and partition walls switched off. My contractor wants to see a plan showing brick walls with dims only for now.
It would be nice to switch off my partition walls. They were drawn under the walls family.

PeterJ
2004-06-11, 12:07 PM
If you make the brick walls bearing (using the propoerties dialog) and the partitions non-bearing then switch your view to structural (under view properties) it will no longer display the partitions.

Damo
2004-06-11, 12:49 PM
How can I preview/plot a floor plan showing brick walls only and partition walls switched off. My contractor wants to see a plan showing brick walls with dims only for now.
It would be nice to switch off my partition walls. They were drawn under the walls family.
Whoa!

Do you really want your contractor to dictate to you what information to give him, and when?

I know I’m speaking out of line here, it’s up to you what you do, but are things that different in SA, or are you novated over to the contractor?

If you didn't have Revit, would you still be willing to go back and amend your good work, just to suit the contractors' requirements? And will he pay you for all this additional time, expenses in plotting?

(Not interfering though)
Damian

rhys
2004-06-11, 01:58 PM
Whoa!

Do you really want your contractor to dictate to you what information to give him, and when?

I know I’m speaking out of line here, it’s up to you what you do, but are things that different in SA, or are you novated over to the contractor?

If you didn't have Revit, would you still be willing to go back and amend your good work, just to suit the contractors' requirements? And will he pay you for all this additional time, expenses in plotting?

(Not interfering though)
Damian

Well I certainly want a contractor to at least contribute to how he'd like information presented in a way that helps to best communicates the clients requirements and the design intent. It's really best these days if all memebers of the construction team consider the needs of other team members, in developing appropriate communication methods, drawings included. Egan Report and all that!!

pwmsmith
2004-06-11, 02:07 PM
Peter,
Can I set the walls to "bearing" prior to drawing? The Option is grayed out on my computer until after I draw the wall.

PeterJ
2004-06-11, 02:56 PM
Pat, I think this is an instance based issue, so probably not.

However, unless the model is very complex you ought to be able to highlight a wall, 'tab' to select the chain and then alter the properties of that group and move to the next group.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-06-11, 04:30 PM
You can also use the coarse view setting and just have the brick walls coarse fill pattern set up as a solid black fill while partitions display/plot as simple lines. That should have the brick walls jump out enough and would also put them in context with the interior partitions.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-11, 05:53 PM
You could also use worksets

Willem Ackerman
2004-06-14, 05:36 AM
Thanks CZOOG,
The lesson I've learned, is to do my drywalls in a worksets as well on new projects.
Thanks to other comments as well.

adegnan
2004-06-14, 07:19 PM
You could also use phases: brick walls in one phase, partitions in another phase. Set the phase filter to show current phase only. Set up one view for brick walls, and another view for partition walls. And then set your phase accordingly.