PDA

View Full Version : Question for multistorey gurus

overcaffeined1745
2003-06-11, 12:05 PM
I've to model 4 longitudinal buildings. They've 5 floors, with a very simple scheme: An "endless" repeating of the same apartment, with an external corridor and an external stair/elevator unit which is always located at one ending of the corridor.

The only difference between such longitudinal buildings is their length. One has 4 apartments per-floor, another has 6, and 8.

I've defined the apartment as a group, but... is there anything I could do with Revit in order to define the buildings parametrically by number of apartments? Or is it best if I model all the 4 buildings, one by one? I just want to be sure that I didn't miss some Revit feature which could help me to address this in the most elegant way...

Note: All the buildings have to be inserted in an urbanization and I've to make general views of such urbanization.

beegee
2003-06-11, 10:44 PM
Firstly, I'm definately NOT a multistorey guru. :)

There could be elegant ways to achieve what youre after, but it really doesnt take much time to model each of the building types youre talking about. Start with the ' 4 " model, then "save as" and add two apartments (grouped or mirrored - whatever ) and you have your "6 "model. Save as again, repeat process and you have the "8" model. Link all these types into your master file -site plan. You can adjust the relative levels of each building in the master plan.

So .. youre done. Nice and simple ( I hope ) Thats the way I've handled it in the past anyway.

beegee