PDA

View Full Version : 3-Run Stairs

mabadie
2006-08-25, 09:05 PM
What is the best way to create a 3-run stair? I am not allowed to overlap stair boundaries and using the Multi-Story Top Level property does not solve the problem adequately. I've tried to make two U-shaped stairs that overlap one tread but the overlap is visible.

Also, is it possible to make a "floor" behave like a stair landing (ie same thickness, stringers, lineweight, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

dfriesen
2006-08-26, 02:14 AM
What is the best way to create a 3-run stair? I am not allowed to overlap stair boundaries and using the Multi-Story Top Level property does not solve the problem adequately. I've tried to make two U-shaped stairs that overlap one tread but the overlap is visible.I've had limited success with a 3-run stair - just ignore the dire warnings, and finish it. The railings did not work, hence the 'limited'. Railings were (shudder) drafted in on the stair plans. This is something that needs to improved, as I've run into it several times, and expect to do so more. I haven't tried your other suggestions.

robert.manna
2006-08-26, 02:32 AM
In the past when dealing with this issue I've created a new level at the top of the second run. Then, create a two run stair from 1st level to landing level. You can create a large landing at the top of the 1st stair, so build the whole landing. Then create a single run stair from landing level to 2nd level. No landings needed on this second stair unless you want one at the top. Once you've got the stairs you can go back and edit the railings as needed. Generally you're left with a seam where the the two railings meet. Generally I try to get the railings to meet at a flat location, but sometimes that doesn't always work out.

HTH,
-R

Steve_Stafford
2006-08-26, 03:10 AM
Here's one approach.

krista.manna
2006-09-20, 06:14 PM
POSTED ALSO HERE: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=47091

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the following error message when trying to create stairs in the same manor as the following link.

Stairs require no more than two boundaries (chains of one or more Boundary Lines).

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.p...ighlight=stairs

Any ideas as to why I keep getting this message?