PDA

View Full Version : Where did the option go?

jfields.61630
2004-06-11, 12:52 PM
Hello all,
First I must say that it sure is wonderful to see the forums up and running again!!
Now to my dilema, for some unknown reason I no longer have the editing capablity when I enable a blocks grips and right click, it does not show me the shortcut menu items. I have no clue what as happened, to my settings.I checked the right click customization in the options dialog box and the settings are the same. I also checked the sysytem variable "shotcutmenu" and have tried nearly every combination in order to get it to work. All to no avail.....I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions to correct this frustrating and time consuming problem. Thanks in advance for all your help!!!!

mjfarrell
2004-06-11, 12:55 PM
Instead of a right click, try double-clicking on the block
the correct editor should pop-up.

When you select an object in the drawing and right-click, a shortcut menu is displayed, but the menu is not sensitive to the selected object.

From the Tools menu, select Options.
In the Options dialog box, select the Selection tab.
Select the Noun/Verb Selection check box.
Select Apply and then choose OK.

With AutoCADĀ® 2004 you can have the best of both worlds when it comes to right-click functionality: Right-click to ENTER and right-click to access context menus. From the Tools menu, choose Options and then select the User Preferences tab. Choose Right-click Customization and turn on Time Sensitive Right-click. A quick click will perform a traditional ENTER (similar to pre-ACAD 2000 functionality) and you can adjust the time delay (try 125 milliseconds) for context sensitive menus. While working in AutoCAD, you simply right-click to perform an ENTER and right-click (holding the mouse-button down for a fraction of a second) to access the context menus.

jfields.61630
2004-06-11, 01:14 PM
If I would have only looked a little further in the forums .... I would have found my answer.
The person's forum with the same problem as mine was just what I needed in order to solve my problem.....persitance and patience!!!!!!!

Lemons
2004-06-11, 01:29 PM
I don't understand. What was your solution if not the one Michael gave?

Celie