PDA

View Full Version : ~show building~

frances.119664
2006-08-27, 11:42 PM
Im trying to find out how to show my building. Im still learning the (software revit 9).

I made a new sht. ((view:new: cl plan)) and i fixed all my setting... visibility (( all the boxes are checked)) & phase filters in the properties box is set to "show all" and its still not showing.

not sure what to do with my view range. I have a building that is 21' tall. my ceiiling heights are 1st fl is 0'-0"-9' & my 2nd floor is 11' to 20'.. and i have my view range for the new sheet set to ((cut plane is 18'-6", top plane is set to 19' and bot plane is set to 19)).

can someone help me out there...

thanks..

mibzim
2006-08-28, 12:04 AM
are you looking at the plan view and have you dragged this onto the sheet?

3dsketcher
2006-08-28, 12:58 AM
im not sure what you are trying to do. you did mention you already have a sheet.

view ranges can be based from different levels or from one level. it seems that you are trying to base it from your first floor level. usually its based per floor (see associated level) so you can actually keep the default 0, 4'0, 7'6 defaults unless there is something specific you need to show at some height. its also easier because you do not have to compute the level heights (from the first floor level) all the time

Mr Spot
2006-08-28, 03:27 AM
Im trying to find out how to show my building. Im still learning the (software revit 9).

I made a new sht. ((view:new: cl plan)) and i fixed all my setting... visibility (( all the boxes are checked)) & phase filters in the properties box is set to "show all" and its still not showing.

not sure what to do with my view range. I have a building that is 21' tall. my ceiiling heights are 1st fl is 0'-0"-9' & my 2nd floor is 11' to 20'.. and i have my view range for the new sheet set to ((cut plane is 18'-6", top plane is set to 19' and bot plane is set to 19)).

can someone help me out there...

thanks..

First check to make sure the view has been made with the appropriate associated view. In your case "1st fl".

You have a ceiling at 9' above 1st fl and a ceiling 11' to 20' above level 2? Is this correct?

On your first floor ceiling plan you'd want your cut plan to be just below your ceiling level so 1st floor with an offset of say 8'.

The top clip plane needs to be above all the ceilings you wish to see. This is basically how far you want to see. If you want to see your level 2 ceilings then set the level to level 2 and an offset of 21'.

The view depth is set above this again. This displays all elements between your top clip plane and your view depth using the <beyond> linestyle.

The bottom clip is somewhat irrelevant and mainly effects how families show in this view. Set it to level 1 with an offset of say 4'.

HTH.