PDA

View Full Version : Commas in Schedules

Steve Jager
2006-08-28, 05:38 PM
Why can't we have commas in our schedules? This is just downright stupid. If I'm wrong than fine but Ican't find a way to make this happen.

If we can't then we have to recreate the entire schedules in Excel because our boss wants to see commas.

Thanks Autocrap! Maybe we should bill Autodesk for all things lacking, maybe that would get their attention.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-08-28, 06:04 PM
Something a little more specific would be nice.

Exactly where can't you enter a comma? A text field, a numeric field, in the header, where? You can enter commas in certain fields with no problems but others may not allow it because of the properties of the field.

Tom Dorner
2006-08-28, 06:32 PM
My guess is that Steve was referring to having a numeric field formatted with a comma as in 1,000 vs the Revit display of 1000.

Revit cannot do this and it would be a really nice feature similar to Excel's formatting feature.

sbrown
2006-08-28, 06:46 PM
Yes, we have been asking for this formating choice since Release 2.0. My guess is it really throws a wrench into the code behind simple numbers.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-08-28, 07:10 PM
OK, I get it now.

It would be nice to get more formatting options but it's hardly worth ditching automatic scheduling for. I'm self emplyed so I know how unreasonable bosses can be ;) but surely a little flexibility is in order here?

Steve Jager
2006-08-28, 07:14 PM
Yes, 1,000 would be nice and no our boss has not yielded on this for the past five years I have know him. Thank the Lord he is retiring this year and we can get on with this format.

t1.shep
2007-12-13, 06:25 PM
I'm still waiting for the option to use comma's in area schedules/area plans with color scheme. Am I wrong, or is this lacking in RAC 2008?

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-12-13, 06:33 PM
It is missing at this time. It's one of those universal Revit-like things.
If/when these formatting options are made available in schedules I have no doubt they will be made available in tags as well.