PDA

View Full Version : Moving Groups

orwake
2006-08-29, 03:55 AM
I am trying to move a "group" and the program limits me to moving along the x- axis.
Why is that? I have turned snaps off, but still no effect. When I rotate the group, it limits movement along the same axis (rotated), not the original horizon. What am I missing?

Scott D Davis
2006-08-29, 03:58 AM
you have a wall hosted element in your group, and did not include the wall.

orwake
2006-08-29, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the reply, Scott. I spent quite a while trying to include everything in site without success.. . I couldn't find a faulty wall. .... then I tried filtering out one item at a time and found that the light fixtures category is causing the problem, specifically a ceiling fixture that does not show up in most views. So this brings up another question, how do I go about making sure all the items I want to move are included in my group when different items show up in different views? A crossing box only picks up "visible" items right and I can't get the depth settings to include everything. ???

Firmso
2006-08-29, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the reply, Scott. I spent quite a while trying to include everything in site without success.. . I couldn't find a faulty wall. .... then I tried filtering out one item at a time and found that the light fixtures category is causing the problem, specifically a ceiling fixture that does not show up in most views. So this brings up another question, how do I go about making sure all the items I want to move are included in my group when different items show up in different views? A crossing box only picks up "visible" items right and I can't get the depth settings to include everything. ???
Can you post a rvt partial sample with this problem?
Thanks

orwake
2006-08-30, 03:49 AM
Hi Firmso, I tried to post my drawing but it is too large (33M with a 2M limit!) How do I post something smaller than the whole file that will still let you see what is going on?

Firmso
2006-08-30, 04:00 AM
Hi Firmso, I tried to post my drawing but it is too large (33M with a 2M limit!) How do I post something smaller than the whole file that will still let you see what is going on?
Can you create a new project and recreate the problem by cut/paste or other?
Thanks

jeff.95551
2006-08-30, 07:01 AM
Did you uncheck the Constrain box when you were trying to move it?