PDA

View Full Version : Altering A Door Schedule

MGramling
2006-08-29, 01:18 PM
Under the "door width" column on my door schedule, I want to have it say (2) 3'-0", not 6'-0". I realize I can export the file to Excel and then import it as an image to be posted on the sheet. But I'd like to know if there is a way to change this in Revit. Can anyone help?

aggockel50321
2006-08-29, 02:03 PM
You could add a separate (shared parameter) text parameter to each door family, place what you want to see in it, and then use that parameter in place of the width parameter.

archjake
2006-08-29, 02:35 PM
You could edit your double door families to do the following:

1. add a parameter for number of leafs.
2. modify how the door is measuring its width. You would set up the reference planes to measure the width from the center line to the outside face of the a door leaf.

You would have to do this to all double doors, and add the leaf parameter to your schedule.

This method would only work for doors with the same size leaf.

In the mean time you could just put this information in the comments column and call it a day.

sbrown
2006-08-29, 04:01 PM
I make a panel width parameter and then don't use the width parameter.

rkitect
2006-08-30, 07:29 PM
I just had this crop up. We just put the 'Description' parameter next to the dimensions and use that column to show the (2) 3'-0" or whatever you want it to say. That way it's not too far away from the width column and the contractor should get the idea.

BTW.. welcome to AUGI Revit.

HTH,