PDA

View Full Version : Extrude command - Erase defining objects?

Forsh
2006-08-30, 10:44 AM
Hello

recently upgraded from 2004 to 2007
After extruding a polyline, I'm now asked "Erase defining objects?" can this step be turned off?

i keep canceling my extruded object, in my mind I've moved on to the next command, its very frustrating (as is a lot of the 'changes for changes sake' in 2007)
cheers

jaberwok
2006-08-30, 11:52 AM
Hello

recently upgraded from 2004 to 2007
After extruding a polyline, I'm now asked "Erase defining objects?" can this step be turned off?

i keep canceling my extruded object, in my mind I've moved on to the next command, its very frustrating (as is a lot of the 'changes for changes sake' in 2007)
cheers

I think it can. Can't be sure as I don't have 2007 in front of me. Have you tried Help?

Forsh
2006-08-30, 01:30 PM
Have you tried Help?

yes, I'd tried Help but without success, but looked again and found it... give me a proper paper reference manual any day !!!

its the DELOBJ system variable was set to -1 which prompts for deletion, now set to 2 and all is well

many thanks
:)

DELOBJ

Type: Integer
Saved in: Registry
Initial value: 1

Controls whether geometry used to create 3D objects is retained or deleted.

0 All defining geometry is retained.

1 Profile curves are deleted, including those used with the EXTRUDE, SWEEP, REVOLVE, and LOFT commands. Cross sections used with the LOFT command are also deleted.

2 All defining geometry is deleted, including paths and guide curves used with the SWEEP and LOFT commands.

-1 Prompt to delete profile curves, including those used with the EXTRUDE, SWEEP, REVOLVE, and LOFT commands. Cross sections used with the LOFT command are also deleted.

-2 Prompt to delete all defining geometry, including paths and guide curves used with the SWEEP and LOFT commands.

Wanderer
2006-08-31, 03:27 AM
sweet. thanks for posting back your solution.
yes, I'd tried Help but without success, but looked again and found it... give me a proper paper reference manual any day !!!

its the DELOBJ system variable was set to -1 which prompts for deletion, now set to 2 and all is well