PDA

View Full Version : View Region/Room Tag Problem

Steve Jager
2006-08-30, 03:22 PM
I have an auditorium that I have placed a room w/tag in and labled it. Fine
I then created a ceiling plan with gyp bd panels and because of the ceiling height I had to use view region to see it.

Problem is, now the room tag says it's not in its room please move it. It's there in the center of the view region and if I move the tag past the edge of the vr it shows up fine and when I move it back it shows a question and gives me "Room Tag is outside of its Room. Enable Leader or move Room Tag within its Room."

I have deleted the room and tag and reset them. The room is complete.

Any thoughts?

PS I cannot recreate this when starting with a new room in a new drawing.

jbalding48677
2006-09-15, 03:14 AM
We are having a similar problem. We have a room that we would like to show in a stepped building. The room is a half level above. The color fill respects the plan region. When we go to place a room tag, the room name reads out fine. When we click to add the room name it gives the same error.

None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: Level 1 View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

Sent to Autodesk Support, will keep you posted. Has anyone else seen this? Do you (or anyone) have a solution or work around?

dbaldacchino
2006-09-15, 05:39 AM
Could this be the result of the height parameter of rooms? Since you're placing a plan region with different cut/top/bottom/depth extents, maybe it's not seeing the room below/above.

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-09-15, 06:25 AM
We have a few projects at the moment with stepped levels and exactly the same problems.

The views cut plane has to cut through the room volume to enable visibility of the room tag. So the only way we found it to work is to get a common cut plane between the split levels.
Plan regions have absolutely no effect what so ever on any annotation visibility or behavior.

If a common cut plane is unlikely then there are pretty much 2-3 options remaining.
1. Extend the room tags lower volume or place all room tags at the same level with various upper limits and offsets. (This takes first prize, due to the fact that volume calculations is not the most important thing to us.)

2. Type the room name with text.( I would rather extend the room volume! or jump off a cliff)

3. A Split Detail section is your last resort. (we have used this with little success due to the wall join behavior)

dbaldacchino
2006-09-16, 03:29 PM
Zeds, what do you mean with a Split Detail Section? So what you're saying is that if the view's cut plane doesn't intersect the room, then the plan region's cut plane has no effect even if it intersects the room?

jbalding48677
2006-09-18, 05:09 AM
FYI All -

This came back as a "known issue" in 9.0 and does not appear in 9.1. In addition to that, we had a view with a split region that was causing Revit to hang. This was also addressed in 9.1.

Thank for the help -

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-09-18, 12:25 PM
FYI All -

This came back as a "known issue" in 9.0 and does not appear in 9.1. In addition to that, we had a view with a split region that was causing Revit to hang. This was also addressed in 9.1.

Thank for the help -

Thanks Jim,
I have just tested it in 9.1 and the plan view region now works with regards to picking up the room tag, for levels above.

Zeds, what do you mean with a Split Detail Section? .............?

David, you can use the "Detail view: Detail Section" from the type select within Sections. and in a section view, cut a section at any orientation. These make for great presentation sections, as well.

dbaldacchino
2006-09-18, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the update Jim (still on 9.0 here).

Thanks Shaun..my brain wasn't clicking :)

dhamlin
2007-05-12, 10:10 PM
If I understand correctly this problem was fixed??? I'm now working in Revit Arch 2008 and am not able to get room tags to show up for stepped levels. Am I missing something?

dhamlin
2007-05-12, 10:34 PM
I have now figured out that the key word in the solution previously described, was that plan regions for levels ABOVE work, but if I have a sunken level below I am not able to see the room tags within the plan region. I ended up creating a new level for this sunken portion where I could create the room element and now the tag will show on the level above within the plan region.

3dway
2009-01-16, 04:52 PM
I'm going to dig this one up.

I have a house and detached garage. The project is small enough that I can fit both on a plan. The garage is about six feet lower than the subfloor of the house.

I have a level for main subfloor. I have a level for top of garage slab. I am showing the garage in a plan region in a view which cuts above the main subfloor.

I created the room tag in the plan view that belongs to the garage slab level.

The garage room tag does not show in the plan region.

We're on 2009 suite.

dfi
2010-02-09, 12:08 PM
With 2010 I am having the same room tag problem. I have a room that will not tag in a view region.

I have floor plan that has three levels that are all about a third level apart, so I need to use view regions to get the plan to read correctly. I have tagged other rooms within the plan region without a problem. All of the constraints of the room that I cannot tag are exactly the same as rooms I can tag. When I select tag and hold the mouse over the room that is to be tagged all the other rooms are highlighted and the correct tag name appears, but when I click I get the following message. 'None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan... You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.'

I have played around with the settigns in the View Range without success.

Any ideas?

jj mac
2010-07-12, 08:00 PM
DFI, having the exact same problem... If I delete the plan regions the rooms come back to being visible.We have linked files in our project as well and there are plan regions there too. I took the plan regions out of the linked file and then it worked, but I had not changed the view range yet. When I did change the view range it screwed up again. I have checked everything. Twice. My rooms have the correct height, everything... any ideas?