PDA

View Full Version : Equivalent Divide and/or Measure Command

raddis
2006-08-30, 05:25 PM
In AutoCAD, I can place snap points (nodes) along an entity with Divide (equally spaced) or Measure (spaced at set distance).

Is there an equivalent command in Revit? This will be very useful in creating my drafting details when I want to create evenly spaced lines, etc.

patricks
2006-08-30, 05:29 PM
You could use the Array tool. Select a line, uncheck Associate (unless you're making a family), specify total number of instances, and then pick either distance to the 2nd copy, with all copies having the same spacing, or distance to the last copy, with the available space in between divided evenly.

shaunamorain
2006-08-30, 06:32 PM
I have been looking for the Revit translation of that AutoCAD command as well.
I guess the array works :( but does anyone know if the divide command exists?

patricks
2006-08-30, 06:35 PM
There is nothing like that, that I know of, as Revit doesn't have points or nodes or anything like that.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-08-30, 07:09 PM
I consider Revit's array command the equal of both divide and measure. Use Move to 2nd for measure and Move to Last for divide. Granted it won't place nodes at these locations but the only reason I ever did that in ACAD was to place 'something' at the node anyway. So, place the first line/component/group or whatever and then array away.
If you anticipate the spacing will change you can always constrain with an EQ dimension and just change the overall dimension.

eddy.lermytte
2006-08-30, 07:33 PM
When I started to explore Revit I found the array tool not the equivalent for the divide command.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=75003#post75003

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-08-30, 10:30 PM
Good point Eddy. Easy if it's one segment straight or arc, but not so easy if it's a multi-part line as you show. Anyone for a Component to follow path option? Should just be a couple of lines of code added to the railing tool right ;) ?

Chalk up one more for the railing tool being used as something other than a railing. Nice workaround

raddis
2006-08-31, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone.
These will do, though I still miss divide and measure.

twiceroadsfool
2006-08-31, 02:23 PM
Good point Eddy. Easy if it's one segment straight or arc, but not so easy if it's a multi-part line as you show. Anyone for a Component to follow path option? Should just be a couple of lines of code added to the railing tool right ;) ?

Chalk up one more for the railing tool being used as something other than a railing. Nice workaround

Though i find the line based families to be difficult to use with large groups of users, they work great for something like that as well... Provided the line is straight and undivided...

You can divide things equally in the length of the line, or space them out at regular intervals...