PDA

View Full Version : Removing a callout? Creating enlarged plans?

blumarble
2006-08-30, 10:10 PM
I have some smaller scale plan views that I created during the SD phase with callouts on the overall floor plan. Now that we're into DD, they will not be a part of the drawing set. However, I'd like to hang onto these plans, but deleting the callouts will also delete the plans. I know, I can make the callouts hidden in the overall floorplan views ("Hide annotation in this view"), but I'd like to just remove the callouts if I can. Is this possible?

Also, I just recently created some other enlarged plan views first, then creating the callouts "referencing other view" and removing the "sim" annotation. Offhand I'm thinking that this may be a better way to do enlarged plans. It certainly provides more flexibility to adjust the boundaries, even if they don't exactly match the view. And I can delete the callouts at will. Are there really any drawbacks to this method?

sleimgruber06
2006-08-30, 10:13 PM
I have some smaller scale plan views that I created during the SD phase with callouts on the overall floor plan. Now that we're into DD, they will not be a part of the drawing set. However, I'd like to hang onto these plans, but deleting the callouts will also delete the plans. I know, I can make the callouts hidden in the overall floorplan views ("Hide annotation in this view"), but I'd like to just remove the callouts if I can. Is this possible?

No I do not believe it is possible to delete an overall floor plan but keep the annotations with it. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you further.

blumarble
2006-08-30, 10:28 PM
Actually, it's the other way around (sort of... maybe it wasn't clear?). I'm keeping the overall floorplan and the enlarged partial plans. It's only the callout annotations from the overall plan to the enlarged partial plans that I would like to remove.

cphubb
2006-08-30, 10:32 PM
There is no way to remove the callout unless you used your other method of duplicating floor plans and using the reference function.

The only drawback there is making sure your callout matches the correct floor plan. We have had people use that method and link the callout to the wrong plan (accidentally they were next to each other in the PB) and our toilet callout was linked to the First floor entry plan. Took some work to rectify.

Firmso
2006-08-30, 10:33 PM
Actually, it's the other way around (sort of... maybe it wasn't clear?). I'm keeping the overall floorplan and the enlarged partial plans. It's only the callout annotations from the overall plan to the enlarged partial plans that I would like to remove.
Try just copying your Floor Plan and adjust your crop region and set your scale.

blumarble
2006-08-30, 11:08 PM
I thought I might have a workaround... I copied the enlarged plans and I thought I might then be able to delete the callout annotations. But copying the plans also copied the callout annotations in the overall floorplan! I tried both "Duplicate with detailing" & just "Duplicate". Why????????

Firmso
2006-08-30, 11:14 PM
I thought I might have a workaround... I copied the enlarged plans and I thought I might then be able to delete the callout annotations. But copying the plans also copied the callout annotations in the overall floorplan! I tried both "Duplicate with detailing" & just "Duplicate". Why????????
Can't you settle with just turning its visibilty off in that view?

blumarble
2006-08-30, 11:21 PM
Can't you settle with just turning its visibilty off in that view?

I'd prefer not to have invisible annotations on my sheets to deal with, but it seems that's my only choice.

robert.manna
2006-08-31, 01:07 AM
To make your life easiest, and avoid the invisible annotation that you know you should, you had the right idea here. The callouts get duplicated because they are directly linked to the parent view. If you had originally set-up the callouts the way you propose to do so in the future (new plans, with a "reference view" callout) then simply duplicating the original full size plan would not bring the callout bubbles. If you chose duplicate with detailing, the callout bubbles would be replicated.

Now since the callout views are directly linked to your full size plan, as you found out all the callout views duplicate too (with a # appended after their name) no fear! Go ahead and delete the duplicated callouts, your copied full size plan will be clean, and you can rename the old plan "SD plan" continue working with the new "copy" and have the callouts for reference at a later date.

HTH,
-R

mibzim
2006-08-31, 04:04 AM
Do you need the callouts on sheets?

If you take them off sheets and when printing tick the box to hide unreferenced view tags they wont print out.

Steve_Stafford
2006-08-31, 06:53 AM
Make new floor plan views and crop them accordingly. Copy to Clipboard all the annotation you used in the call out based views and paste them into your new partial floor plan view. Then delete the callout based view(s). A little extra effort.

Removing the SIM from your ROV (Reference Other View) based view annotations sharpens the blade of poor coordination. While the SIM value is present you know that it is annotation that references another actual view and therefore cannot be trusted implicitly. Why? Because you could make a mistake choosing the view to reference.

This means you have to check all these references during QA. The annotation that do not bear this SIM or OPP etc. CAN be trusted because they refer to an actual view. The ROV feature is a beautiful addition to Revit but at the same time it completely confounds the idea of having the annotation coordinated accurately in EVERY case. Before ROV...Revit flawlessly coordinated our view and sheet annotation, afterward the detail will be exactly where we say it is...but it might be the wrong detail.

bowlingbrad
2006-08-31, 12:11 PM
If you have "working views", you could put the callouts there and place them onto the sheets. This way the sheets have the enlarged plans and the callouts are placed onto views that won't be in the drawing set.