PDA

View Full Version : Sheet number field

ch00su
2006-08-31, 06:05 AM
I wonder if there is a way to automatically put page numbers on each layouts without using Sheet Set Manager.
All our projects have mutiple pages, average of 10 pages and at the moment I manually put current sheet number and total sheet numbers on each sheets.
I have tried to use Sheet Set Manager on few of our projects and found it to be a bit complicated for some of our other drafters and may end up messing the whole projects.
I am using as much fields as possible for all other stuffs in the drawing but I can't seem to find any field funtions for page numbers not associated with Sheet Sets.
Is there any other methods to achieve this? Maybe using lisp or diesel?

Young.

Mike.Perry
2006-08-31, 06:21 AM
Hi

How do you name your Layout tabs ?

Depending on how you answer the above, you may be able to use something like...

Field -> Diesel Expression -> $(getvar, ctab)

Have a good one, Mike

ch00su
2006-08-31, 06:29 AM
That's magic.
That worked like a charm for current page but what variables do you use to get total sheet numbers?
By the way, we use numbers on our layouts 1,2,3,4....

Thanks.

Mike.Perry
2006-08-31, 08:13 AM
That worked like a charm for current page but what variables do you use to get total sheet numbers?
By the way, we use numbers on our layouts 1,2,3,4....Hi

Without using Sheet Set Manager...

Custom Field - Sheet 1 of 31, Sheet 2 of 31, etc

How many pages in that set?

Total number of sheets

I think you might be a bit stuck.

As far as I know ( which means nothing ), there is no system variable that holds the total number of Layouts used in a DWG file.

How about changing the way you name Layouts eg

1 of 10
2 of 10
3 of 10
etc

Adopting such an approach would enable the above to fulfil your requirements.

Have a good one, Mike

ch00su
2006-08-31, 09:40 AM
Hi

Without using Sheet Set Manager...

Custom Field - Sheet 1 of 31, Sheet 2 of 31, etc

How many pages in that set?

Total number of sheets

I think you might be a bit stuck.

As far as I know ( which means nothing ), there is no system variable that holds the total number of Layouts used in a DWG file.

1 of 10
2 of 10
3 of 10
etc

Adopting such an approach would enable the above to fulfil your requirements.

Have a good one, Mike

Sweet.
Thanks a lot for your help Mike.
That will really save us lot of time.
Thanks again.

Young.

sinc
2006-10-10, 04:57 PM
Hi

1 of 10
2 of 10
3 of 10
etc

And then hope the number of pages doesn't change... ;)

I've added a custom field for TOTAL PAGES to our Sheet Set Template. The user has to manually set the value in each sheet set, but that's pretty painless.

Chris.N
2006-10-11, 12:19 PM
I wonder if there is a way to automatically put page numbers on each layouts without using Sheet Set Manager.
All our projects have mutiple pages, average of 10 pages and at the moment I manually put current sheet number and total sheet numbers on each sheets.
I have tried to use Sheet Set Manager on few of our projects and found it to be a bit complicated for some of our other drafters and may end up messing the whole projects.
I am using as much fields as possible for all other stuffs in the drawing but I can't seem to find any field funtions for page numbers not associated with Sheet Sets.
Is there any other methods to achieve this? Maybe using lisp or diesel?

Young.all you seem to be missing is which fields to use. it's confusing, i know. i attached some screen shots of what to use for your sheet number and title based on what the SSM palette dictates.

hope it helps!

Mike.Perry
2006-10-12, 03:12 AM
all you seem to be missing is which fields to use. it's confusing, i know. i attached some screen shots of what to use for your sheet number and title based on what the SSM palette dictates.Hi

From original post...

I wonder if there is a way to automatically put page numbers on each layouts without using Sheet Set Manager.Young, requires a method without the use of Sheet Set Manager.

Have a good one, Mike

ch00su
2006-10-12, 03:24 AM
Hi

From original post...

Young, requires a method without the use of Sheet Set Manager.

Have a good one, Mike

Yes, I was trying not to use SSM.
We used it on few of our projects and few of our collegues had a trouble using it correctly and messed up project folders.
And that little code that Mike gave me works like a charm now.

Cheers,

Young.

Chris.N
2006-10-12, 11:26 AM
Yes, I was trying not to use SSM.
We used it on few of our projects and few of our collegues had a trouble using it correctly and messed up project folders.
And that little code that Mike gave me works like a charm now.

Cheers,

Young.:Oops: i apologize.... Addison is not sleeping thru the night yet... :Oops: ;)