PDA

View Full Version : Using reference plans as base & top constraints - can it be done?

tim.101799
2006-08-31, 03:00 PM
On a current project I have many different wall types all with different height. I was hoping to create a named reference plane for each different wall height, and have my walls extend to the reference plane. But under wall properties when I look in the Base or Top Constraint option these reference planes are not listes. The only things listed there are elevations set with datums in elevation view. I guess I could create datums for the top of all these walls and do it that way. But I con't want to see all of these additional datums in my printed elevations.

Is there anyway I can get this to work with reference plans

Justin Marchiel
2006-08-31, 05:32 PM
you can attach the walls to the reference plan, the problem is that you need to do it manually, and not thru the properties dialogue.

Justin

bpayne
2006-08-31, 09:09 PM
Warning: Response deleted due to user error!

uhh...if you happened to read my response prior to this edit, please purge! I think I was reading another question, formulated my response and then decided it to post it in this thread!

Mr Spot
2006-08-31, 10:49 PM
You would need to select all of the walls then use the attach button and select the reference planes(best if its named) to attach them. They will still be associated to levels but the attachments will override these.

HTH.