PDA

View Full Version : Linking dwgs into Revit

sleimgruber06
2006-08-31, 08:52 PM
Afternoon,

I am having a little trouble trying to link a dwg into Revit.
I've had this problem before, but what it is is I'm trying to link in details drawn in autocad to put onto a sheet in revit as a quick fix while our company is putting the details into revit.
The dwg has external references on it; the details, but when I link it in, the external references do not come in and I get an error shown below. I'm hoping that its something simple, like user error, not checking the right box.

Can anyone help?

P.S.

-I've tried exploding it in AutoCAD, but still had the same issue.

Thanks,

robert.manna
2006-08-31, 09:15 PM
Per support from Autodesk (notice I didn't say Autodesk support, cause I have no idea what they would tell you), you can generally ignore this warning without any concern. My best reccomendation is to blow through the warning, get the details down on sheets, and then check them carefully against what they look like in ACAD. If everything is OK then you're good to go, if not, now you have a place to start to troubleshoot the problem.

HTH,
-R

sleimgruber06
2006-08-31, 09:48 PM
blow through the warning, get the details down on sheets, and then check them carefully against what they look like in ACAD. If everything is OK then you're good to go, if not, now you have a place to start to troubleshoot the problem.

HTH,
-R

That's the problem; the only option you have on the warning is to hit 'Ok', and after you place the link on the sheet, the details do not show because in AutoCAD the our single entities - External Reference blocks - so if you can't transfer one line from that block, it all blows away. I think the problem is that they are external references.

Anyone else?

Mr Spot
2006-08-31, 10:41 PM
Have you tried setting proxygraphics to 1 as stated...? Just checking the obvious Sorry.

sleimgruber06
2006-08-31, 11:15 PM
I know AutoCAD enough to move through it and create successfully, but how would I go about changing the proxysettings?

Firmso
2006-08-31, 11:50 PM
I know AutoCAD enough to move through it and create successfully, but how would I go about changing the proxysettings?
Open CAD and type Proxygraphics at the command prompt and type 1 then hit Enter.
I hope this helps.

sleimgruber06
2006-08-31, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone for all your support!

Long Live AUGI!

dbaldacchino
2006-09-01, 03:58 AM
X-clipped boundaries are ignored when you link a dwg in Revit, which is a major overight if you ask me. It's extremely inflexible. Also, text is a nightmare. We're having tons of problems with text getting messed up upon linking and requiring a lot of work back in CAD to get it right in Revit (problems with text not wrapping in the mtext box or wrapping a word or two before it's supposed to, causing text to overlap and become unreadable; inconsistent line spacing, etc).