PDA

View Full Version : merge an Area Plan and a Floor Plan

Cathy Hadley
2004-06-11, 11:51 PM
I'd like to merge an area plan (the color fills) onto a Floor Plan view ? Problem is that alot of this model has sidewalks, etc... has floors... which when turned on in the Area Plan, turn off the color fills...

I've tried exporting the area plan as a jpg, and then bringing it in ontop of the floor plan, as I thought you guys were doing with elevations, can't see the area plan when its aligned with the model?

Any other tips or tricks I'm missing ?

Thanks in advance...

Cathy

hand471037
2004-06-12, 12:06 AM
Best way I've found to do this is to simply layer two separate plans over the top of each other on the sheet. They will snap to each other and line up automatically. We used to use this for taking existing sprinker coverage plans (done as area plans) and then laying them over the top of construction plans.

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-12, 01:04 PM
It goes to show that are innumerable uses for those area plans! Interesting idea, Jeff!

Cathy Hadley
2004-06-12, 09:01 PM
Jeffery... Yes... and no... I loose all my colored areas? doesn't matter which view is on top of the other? I can see the colored legend fine.. but the areas that are covered by model elements don't show color...

Ahh.. just ran a test... its something *wonky* with this model .. works fine when I do it from a default...

So what could cause it to hide the view behind it? I am so confused...

Scott D Davis
2004-06-12, 11:19 PM
Wireframe mode as oppsed to hidden line?

Cathy Hadley
2004-06-13, 12:27 AM
nope... both views are wireframe... very strange...