PDA

View Full Version : Revit 9.1 installation problem

dpasa
2006-09-01, 08:01 AM
How am I supposed to install Revit 9.1?
I am under subscription, I am in Greece, I downloaded the 112MB file.
I accepted to uninstall Revit 9.0 but now I can only go to trial mode and the serial number editbox is disabled.
What am I doing wrong?

TIA
Dimitris

4/9/06 : I got my DVD!!!

Elmo
2006-09-01, 08:46 AM
Firstly you don't have to uninstall the previous version of Revit 9. You can have both versions on your machine. In future wait for your upgrade disk ,cause then you wil get your serial no with it and you wont have to download content from the internet.

Neil Osher
2006-09-01, 02:54 PM
Firstly you don't have to uninstall the previous version of Revit 9. You can have both versions on your machine. In future wait for your upgrade disk ,cause then you wil get your serial no with it and you wont have to download content from the internet.

You can have both versions on your machine, but you may have difficulties uninstalling the older one. That happened to me when installing 9.0. I choose to keep 8.1 for a while then when time came to uninstall, Windows (XP Pro) didn't show it in the list of "Add/Remove" programs. The solution was to reinstall 8.1 then uninstall. Maybe that's not the case this time...

Neil

LRaiz
2006-09-01, 03:40 PM
If you are on subscription then most likely your 9.0 serial number will work as 9.1 serial number. Give it a try.

Regardless of an outcome it is a good idea to keep 9.0 around for a while just in case some nasty surprises are found in 9.1

Graham Briggs
2006-09-01, 06:14 PM
If you are on subscription then most likely your 9.0 serial number will work as 9.1 serial number. Give it a try.

Regardless of an outcome it is a good idea to keep 9.0 around for a while just in case some nasty surprises are found in 9.1
Hi Leonid,

My 9.0 serial number won't work. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, altered my license file per previous instructions from Cindy Xingchen Wang (http://myfeedback.autodesk.com/cs/members/Cindy+Xingchen+Wang+%28Autodesk%29.aspx) (the license number was all 0's), and re-started, all to no avail. I have filed a support request, but have not received a reply.

The error reads, "Serial number/Subscription group ID not valid (1)."

Any ideas?

andrew.parrella
2006-09-01, 06:25 PM
Dimitris,
The Revit installer no longer allows you to put in the standalone serial number during installation. You have to finish the install, then start up Revit and switch to Standalone, then hit Register...

Batman
2006-09-01, 08:10 PM
Dimitris,
The Revit installer no longer allows you to put in the standalone serial number during installation. You have to finish the install, then start up Revit and switch to Standalone, then hit Register...I can confirm this. I had the same problem from the first 9.0 build and every build since then. You may just need to reinstall (as painful as that would be).

Bill McLees
2006-09-03, 03:02 AM
I have never had a problem installing until 9.1. This time after the install, rather than taking the serial number from my 9.0 installation, the 9.1 install took on a "new" serial number not owned by my firm. I was never given the opportunity to input a serial number when I tried to register the program.

After three emails to Autodesk support (each time being told a new story), I'm down to re-installing. It may be better to wait for the CD-ROM than to worry thru the web build again.

Gadget Man
2006-09-04, 04:47 AM
In any case it is wise to keep the previous release on your system (as it has been said before), especially that the new issue might not to be up to scratch yet anyway... you might want to check this: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?threadid=46015

Who knows what else will be discovered...?