PDA

View Full Version : Change default path for Export Layers?

david.kingham
2006-09-01, 09:07 PM
When I choose load from the Export Layers dialog box it always throws me to the local path, I want to change this to a network path by default...anyway to add this to the ini?

robert.manna
2006-09-01, 09:15 PM
You should be able to, here is the line from our ini

ExportLayersNameDWG=

Paste in right before "[design pane]"

HTH,
-R

david.kingham
2006-09-01, 09:23 PM
That's what I've got in there...doesn't seem to work though :(

ExportLayersNameDWG=\\Nevada\Drawings\Revit\Content\Imperial Templates\DWG Layers\

robert.manna
2006-09-01, 09:44 PM
That's what I've got in there...doesn't seem to work though :(

ExportLayersNameDWG=\\Nevada\Drawings\Revit\Content\Imperial Templates\DWG Layers\
I'm not sure what to say, I'm fairly certain we are using network paths with 9.0 right now. But my machine isn't configured the same as everyone elses, and everyone that I would ask is gone already for the weekend.....

Don't know what to say.

Sorry,
-R

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-01, 10:19 PM
Pretty sure that Revit just applies and remembers whichever location was used the last time.

dbaldacchino
2006-09-02, 03:52 AM
Pity it's not something that the central file can remember. I have to remind everyone on the team to check, especially if they make a new local file, as it will be set to the default and not the standards we developed.

bowlingbrad
2006-09-02, 01:47 PM
Pity it's not something that the central file can remember...

Adding all of those little variables would make the file way too big. ;) ;) heehee

dbaldacchino
2006-09-02, 02:04 PM
*sniff sniff* oh, the sweet smell of sarcasm! :)

robert.manna
2006-09-05, 01:45 PM
David,

I confirmed this morning that we are successfully hardcoding network paths into our INI file for the export layers path. We set up a new table for each project, and each project then has its own ini file where we hardcode the path to the project directory, where among other things we store the project export table. We are however using drive mappings and not a UNC, not that this really should make a difference, but it is.

HTH,
-R

andrewharle
2011-01-25, 06:17 PM
Excuse me commenting on an old thread but...

How does this all work? Do your Revit users have to swap Revit.ini files in and out of their Program folder?

Having looked at the DWG export settings today I see that Revit loads the Export Layers Setting file at launch, and applies the loaded settings to all project file you open, over-writing previous settings for projects whether you want to or not.

The logic seems a bit wrong, and I assume you have a workaround to be able to have custom settings for individual projects?

Steve_Stafford
2011-01-25, 07:49 PM
You really just need to make sure that Revit is referencing the correct file when you use the Export tools. You can change the reference "rule" file anytime. So you could export plans using one "rule" file and elevations using another in a separate pass. You just need to create the various files to define the rules for each kind of export you need.