PDA

View Full Version : Scroll mouse with revit

sbrown
2003-06-11, 02:27 PM
We just got new machines and now the scroll mouse behaves strangely, it goes back and forth between scrolling and zooming when all we want is it to zoom, which is what it did in the past.

I know I saw this topic addressed earlier but can't find it.

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-11, 02:32 PM
Mouse drivers, make sure they are the latest. Then, most likely you need to "tell" the windows to leave Revit alone when using the scroll wheel.

Method is different for the various mice, but several have little troubleshooting routines that are found in Mouse Properties via control panel. The Microsoft mice have a wheel "tab" that offers an "advanced" button where you include Revit.exe in a list of apps to let control the wheel function instead of Windows imposing it's settings on the mouse.

HTH

sbrown
2003-06-11, 03:12 PM
thanks that did it.

Chad Smith
2003-06-11, 10:09 PM
Just on the mouse topic.
Is there any way to speed up the zoom factor like in AutoCAD? Revit zooms in extremely small increments.

gregcashen
2003-06-11, 11:11 PM
No.

Nelson V
2003-06-11, 11:17 PM
holddown ctrl key + click the wheel = ZOOM, I find it faster then scrolling with the wheel :D

gregcashen
2003-06-11, 11:27 PM
YES! I just played around with this, and with my Logitech MX700 Cordless Optical Mouse, if I press the wheel and scroll at the same time it does the same thing as holding the ctrl key.

Great tip!

Wes Macaulay
2003-06-12, 01:52 PM
I should mention again that there are problems with some versions of the Logitech MouseWare app and Revit -- several of us have noted that mouse speed slows to about half with some versions of the driver. Mouseware v9.73 seems to work; 9.75 has this problem; and I have yet to test 9.76 for this problem. You can get the 9.73 version by downloading the Win95 version of Mouseware.

But yeah, I always tell people to use CTRL + middle button -- then any vertical motion of the mouse will cause a zoom in (down) / zoom out (up).

Scott D Davis
2003-06-12, 05:05 PM
But yeah, I always tell people to use CTRL + middle button -- then any vertical motion of the mouse will cause a zoom in (down) / zoom out (up).

....and then while zooming, simply let up on the CTRL key to instantly enter pan mode, then depress CTRL again to re-enter zoom mode, all without letting up on the scroll wheel. This makes it very fast to zoom/pan your way around a model.