PDA

View Full Version : No Aerial Viewer

raddis
2006-09-05, 03:21 PM
Ok, here's Monday morning's rant:
Other than a good $0.05 cigar, Revit could really use the Aerial Viewer from AutoCAD.
I find all the zooming an d panning such a waste of time in Revit, plus all of the surrealistic image "ghosting" while zooming is a major distraction.

My guess is there is no really efficient way to get around in your Revit file?

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-05, 04:28 PM
To each his own I guess. I never found that feature useful, call me :screwy: :smile: . I also can't remember the last time I saw someone using it.

raddis
2006-09-05, 04:31 PM
Yah, well you don't use it very much in AutoCAD because AutoCAD is much more efficient with zooming than Revit. It would greatly benefit Revit however, to be able to quickly move from one side of the drawing to the other without all the screen garbage.
Enough ranting.

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-05, 04:37 PM
Fwiw, I usually use zoom out 2x, zoom to fit and zoom region. All three are right click options but I use keyboard shortcuts. I find it faster to zoom to fit then zoom region than panning.

If you are zipping back and forth and will for awhile maybe you just need to have two windows open? Open the view you want, then use Window menu > New Window. This will open a second window of the same view. Then focus on one side in one, the other side in the other. Now just click in the window you want to work on.

Scott D Davis
2006-09-05, 05:01 PM
The one Zoom feature from AutoCAD that I may find useful is the double-scrollwheel-click to Zoom-to-Fit (zoom extents). I've really never had issues wioth panning/zooming around a Revit file.

If you've got a large model, you could always set up some "working" views that are zoomed into cerain parts of the model. clicking the View in the browser would take you to that part of the model rather than zooming/panning. Create a new view, zoom into/pan to the area you'd like, then go to View>Orient>Save View. If you need to reset the "working" view, go to the Dynamic View toolbar (F8) and hit the reset button.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-09-05, 05:25 PM
Then focus on one side in one, the other side in the other. Now just click in the window you want to work on.If you want the views full size you can have both open views maximized and then just ctrl-tab to cycle between them.

dhurtubise
2006-09-05, 05:28 PM
I also never used that feature, and i really don't have a hard time zooming around in Revit, maybe excpet on really big model. Maybe it's time for a new video card ;-)