PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Head on lines

mjl
2004-06-13, 06:14 PM
How do I draw a plain line with a arrow head at one end? The line is easy. How do you add the arrow?

m_cahoon14336
2004-06-13, 07:27 PM
mjl, "Text" look at the text command. It gives you the option to add a one segment leader, two segment leader, or an arc leader. After adding a leader and text, you can select it, and thru properties modify and select several types of arrowheads. I hope this helps.

mjl
2004-06-13, 07:41 PM
I just want to draw a line with no text.

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-13, 07:54 PM
Attached is a null leader family, import into a project pick how many leaders and place it.

danny.ferguson
2005-12-16, 04:36 PM
Steve,
When I place the Null family, the "X" still appears. We just need a line with an arrow on one end. Have I missed something?
Thanks.

sbrown
2005-12-16, 07:53 PM
try this one, you can create more types with as many diff. arrowheads as you want.

danny.ferguson
2005-12-19, 03:26 PM
Thanks. Works fine.

dfriesen
2005-12-19, 05:47 PM
try this one, you can create more types with as many diff. arrowheads as you want.
Great, thanks - that's something I've had on my to-do list.

rafterman
2006-07-24, 07:51 PM
Is there a way to make this an arc leader?

sbrown
2006-07-24, 08:32 PM
No for that create a text type that is very small and just use a period.

rafterman
2006-07-26, 07:26 PM
That's what I did, thanks for the help.

yanyan77
2009-04-20, 06:30 PM
THANKS .
I USE IT IN MY PROJECT TOO

ELB-Revit
2010-02-18, 08:37 PM
No for that create a text type that is very small and just use a period.

Hi. I am reading these threads for the first time and it's Feb. 18, 2010... I know that this was for older versions of Revit however, things have changed a little since then. What about creating an arc leader in Revit 2010??? We do all of our notes with keynotes using an ellipse with text inside and an arc leader. (Well, in Autocad I use the multileader with a spline type arc leader.) Is there anyway to mymic this in Revit???? Thanks for your help in advance.

Eric Brown

Scott Womack
2010-02-19, 12:15 PM
You create a generic annotation family, with a label in it for your text. Then create the line around it in any shape you want. You can then place this into a project, and get leadrers off of it. I cannot remeber if curved leaders are available to symbols or not. In addition, you can create what is called a Note Block and essentially schedule the text in these.

ELB-Revit
2010-02-19, 04:02 PM
You create a generic annotation family, with a label in it for your text. Then create the line around it in any shape you want. You can then place this into a project, and get leadrers off of it. I cannot remeber if curved leaders are available to symbols or not. In addition, you can create what is called a Note Block and essentially schedule the text in these.

Scott,
thank you for your reply. Where I am at is trying to get a curved leader to somehow attach to an ellipse. I have created a family that contains a label that is centered inside an ellipse. There has to be a way to attach a curved leader or set a curved leader into the geometry of the family entity. It is weird, I can edit the symbol and add a leader, however, the only choice is a 2 point leader..... no arc leader...!!!! Good Grief!!! I know that there are more people out there that have ran into this and found a work around. the only thing i have found is that i can create an ellipse and place text inside of it and add an arc leader WHILE inside the rvt working project file.

OK... The bottom line, there is a work around and the end result is what I want, there is just too many steps and i wish there was a way to create custom symbols to react the way we would like them to. Regardless if I have been using AutoCAD since ver. 2.6, IT DOESN'T MATTER. I get it and I am moving away from the AutoCAD mentality and onto the Revit mentality.

Again, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Eric

memine23
2010-06-04, 12:42 PM
so - when I place this i get the following message (s)
"none of created elements are visible..."

also when I loaded - I received a notice about one time use..."

thanks

r.grandmaison
2010-06-04, 01:47 PM
I have a workaround, but it's not as elegant as I'd like- if I really knew how to input Unicode, it might get more elegant (help here!).

It's a two step process but it works well and works with arcs or line leaders.

1. Create an aligned dimensions and then edit the text manually. Choose the "Replace text" radio button and right click inside the text field and insert a non-printing Unicode control character, something like the LRM (left to right) works well.
2. Right click in the text field and choose "Show Unicode Characters".
3. Highlight the unicode character and CTRL+C to copy it to your Windows Clipboard.
4. Start your Text with Leader tool and when you start to enter your text simply CTRL+V to paste the Unicode (LRM) into your text field.
5. Click Modify.
6. Delete the aligned dimension created in steps above.

Now, this trick would work GREAT if I could only figure out how to simply type the Unicode character into the Text field without having to do the temporary dimension. Any Unicode experts out there? I've tried Charmap, and it's fine but doesn't list the non-printing control character LRM that I can see...and other Unicode characters like the Null space don't work.

Oh, and if you leave your aligned dimesion with only the LRM character, there's no way to go back in and edit the text that I've found...so you just have to delete it if you wanted the keep the dimension as a functional dimension object.

(Oh, if you don't get the Insert Unicode option inside the editor, you will have to enable multi-language use on your operating system.)