PDA

View Full Version : shorten the length of revisions

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-05, 11:08 PM
we typically dont leave much room for revisions. as more come up, we delete the olders numbers at the top. with the revision schedule, i like to do by project so my question is can i limit the older revision being noted on the titleblock?

I dont see a spot where i could filter out by date or number.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Justin

gbrowne
2006-09-06, 07:56 AM
Speaking personally, I think you should retain the full list of revisions, just in case.

m.thomas
2006-09-06, 01:03 PM
We need a facility to filter out revision numbers as suggested by justin. My revision schedules on title blocks are almost full.....don't know what I'm going to do then.

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-06, 03:29 PM
i can appreciate your comments, but i still think that it would be valuable to have this filter. on a large fast track job, we might be into revision 10 and not need to have 1-5 listed. 1-5 have already been built and any changes to those revision would carry a completely new number.

tracking old revisions becomes more of an office admin thing. i would not really want to see a drawing that had 10 sets of revision clouds on it cause this would distort the drawing information that we are trying to highlight.

Justin