PDA

View Full Version : Filled Regions and Draw Orders

rkitect
2006-09-06, 02:49 PM
I know that filled regions are meant to be on top of everything known to man when it comes to Revit, but I'm trying to get a logo to screen under on my cover sheet and.. well.. it's not behvaing correctly.

When I print the cover sheet from the cover sheet family editor I get what is shown in filledRegion2.jpg (first attachment). Clearly the detail lines are on top of the filled region. It prints this way, out of the printer on to paper. So I'm thinking, well that's interesting, guess this will be easier than I thought.

Then I load it into my project... and it prints as shown in filledRegion1.jpg (second attachment). I've even tried drawing the lines on top of the cover sheet in the project and bringing them to front and it still puts the filled region on top. Any ideas?

TIA,

rkitect
2006-09-06, 06:06 PM
Well, if no one is sure why it's happening, does anyone have any ideas how to get this logo to screen underneath everything on this coversheet?

TIA

_Carl

bpayne
2006-09-06, 06:15 PM
Without fully understanding what you trying to do, could you place a wipeout filled region behind the graphics you need to remain visible, and place the logo directly on the sheet?

rkitect
2006-09-06, 06:28 PM
We are trying to essentially have the company logo appear as a background on the coversheet. So everything like Sheet Index, stamps, project info, etc will show up clearly and legibly on top of it (so the logo has to be ultra light).

I'm not sure what you mean by a wipeout filled region. Right now the logo is drawn using filled regions on the titleblock template used for the coversheet (shown in the first attachment of the original post)

I guess I could try to put the logo in as a bitmap behind everything and just make it really light. I'll try that and keep you posted.

_Carl

rkitect
2006-09-06, 08:53 PM
This is the effect I was going for. 3 hours later and 4 photoshop crashes down the road (the tif was 500+mb!) I have a nice BMP that i was able to import for the background on our coversheet. So far this seems to be the best way to go. Oh well.. I tried to do it all in Revit :)

Thanks for your help!

_Carl