PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD Map 3D 2005 Install Problem

pbauer
2004-06-14, 02:36 PM
I am getting an "Error 1305" when trying to install AutoCAD Map 3D 2005.
It appears to hang the system during a file-copying sequence. And, it does not necessarily occur while copying the same file.
Any thoughts or ideas???

Thank You

Glenn Pope
2004-06-14, 03:38 PM
This is for Architectural Desktop, but it look like this might work for Map as well.

Error 1305: Error reading from file...Verify the files exist and that you can access it

Published date: 2002-06-26
ID: TS73550

Applies to:
Autodesk® Architectural Desktop Release 3

Issue

While installing the product, the following error message is displayed:

Error 1305: Error reading from file...Verify the files exist and that you can access it

Solution

This error is associated with a failed attempt to read a file during installation.

To resolve this issue, use following steps:

Remove the CD from the CD-ROM drive and clean it of any fingerprints or other debris. Also inspect the disk for scratches.
Once the CD is clean, insert it back into the drive and reattempt the installation.
If the error recurs, copy the contents of the CD to a folder on the local hard drive and run setup.exe from that folder.
If the error still occurs, contact your dealer or Autodesk Customer Service (1-800-538-6401) for a replacement CD.

jherbst
2004-07-08, 12:54 PM
I have had a similar installation problem with 3D 2005. The Win2000 pro system on a new computer with a clean CD hangs during installation. Others have reported installation problems in other discussion groups-- http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3910008 . I finally installed from the hard disk as suggested in the reply to the message above but then I received fatal errors when opening 3D 2005. I have installed 2004 and hope to find a suggestions before trying 3D 2005 again.
Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Glenn Pope
2004-07-08, 01:25 PM
Did if hang after you inserted the second CD? There have been some problems with the pressing of the second CD. Some older (and maybe some newer) CD drives can't read the disk. Try inserting the second disk try to open it with explorer. If it can't read the disk, thats your problem. The only work around I have found is to make a copy of the CD. Hopefully you have access to a CD writer.

Wanderer
2004-07-08, 01:33 PM
Hmm, now that autodesk discussion group thread was interesting.

I installed on my primary pc no problem at all, and I couldn't get it to install on my secondary pc, it would hang on the 2nd cd. I thought it was because 1 pc was running xp pro, and 1 xp home, but, this makes more sense assuming it was the fault of the cd drive I was running it through.
The primary cd was about a week old and the secondary cd about 4 years old.

(is this the same reason that a lot of 'copy protected' dvd's won't play all of the way through on my 3 yr old dvd player?)

mjfarrell
2004-07-08, 02:28 PM
(is this the same reason that a lot of 'copy protected' dvd's won't play all of the way through on my 3 yr old dvd player?)

It's a three year old, it needs a nap befor it can finish :grin:

jherbst
2004-07-08, 04:02 PM
Did if hang after you inserted the second CD? There have been some problems with the pressing of the second CD. Some older (and maybe some newer) CD drives can't read the disk. Try inserting the second disk try to open it with explorer. If it can't read the disk, thats your problem. The only work around I have found is to make a copy of the CD. Hopefully you have access to a CD writer. Yes it stopped after I inserted the second CD but I was able to write the CD to the hard drive and install from there. I then encountered the second problem that the program would not run and I continually received fatal errors. I haven't been able to run 3D 2005 and I reinstalled 2004...

mjfarrell
2004-07-08, 04:05 PM
During my support services I have found that many users
are having install issues with many of the 2005 products.

I suggest that you apply all service patches to your
operating system, and look at applying the service patch
shown here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4406412&linkID=2786655

Also have you read the README file on that MAP install CD
there are some important issues and precautions covered therein.

Also note that step four as listed in a previous post of the Knowledge Base document
is:
If the error still occurs, contact your dealer or Autodesk Customer Service (1-800-538-6401) for a replacement CD.
Best of luck to you on that!

Glenn Pope
2004-07-08, 04:17 PM
Yes it stopped after I inserted the second CD but I was able to write the CD to the hard drive and install from there. I then encountered the second problem that the program would not run and I continually received fatal errors. I haven't been able to run 3D 2005 and I reinstalled 2004...

Have you tried making a copy of the second CD? It's worth a try. CDs are pretty cheap.

jherbst
2004-07-14, 07:38 AM
Yes, copying the CD works (as did installing from the hard disk). But both installation methods bring me to the same dead end which I'll describe in detail.

Let me start by saying that I've installed 3D 2005 several times now and before my last installation I cleaned the registery, temp files, etc. as described in a Autodesk knowledge base article. After the installing and attempting to run 3D 2005 I get a message "Setup Error: Failed to load resource from your set up file." Then the following messages come: "Application generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x644(1604), Thread id=0x458(1112)." It asks to debug and no debugger is found. A last dialogue reads, "Fatal Error: Unhandled e0434f4dh exception at 7c57e592h."

Many thanks for any advice.

Glenn Pope
2004-07-14, 02:38 PM
I cleaned the registery, temp files, etc.
Dose that also include the Autodesk Map 3D 2005 folder located in
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Autodesk\
&
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\
?

mjfarrell
2004-07-14, 02:44 PM
Did you call the 800-number for your new installation CD?

jherbst
2004-07-15, 12:09 PM
Dose that also include the Autodesk Map 3D 2005 folder located in
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Autodesk\
&
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\
?

Yes, I cleaned everything and no to Michael Farrel's question regarding asking for a new installation CD. We are based in Greece and Autodesk customer support is even more remote than in the US. I need to try to resolve this myself (with a little help from the forum).

mjfarrell
2004-07-15, 01:25 PM
Given that requesting the replacement CD is a valid option
the sooner you make that call the faster it will be shipped to you.
This problem seems to be out of your hands, and ours.

cbiddulph
2004-11-03, 06:31 PM
Is this error the same as 1311 verify that file exists and that you can access it? Having problems loading MAP 3D 2005 and this is the error. If you make a copy to the local drive do you just copy the exe file and execute that or the whole 2 Cd's?

mjfarrell
2004-11-03, 06:34 PM
the entire CD