PDA

View Full Version : Detail lines moving/stretching

radu.grosu
2006-09-07, 11:25 AM
I want to understand the mechanism (if there is one) of stretching and moving in Revit: for example if I move a line that has another perpendicular line with a common end, there are two behaviors that I cannot predict: one is: the ensemble moves together as a block, the second: the perpendicular line follows the movement of the initial line but it's other end stays fix resulting in a stretch. Does anyone know when to expect one behavior and when the other?
Similar: when changing the length of a line by selecting it and typing in the edit box of the dimension, I never now if it is going to stretch symmetrically with respect to its middle (it usually does) or if it is going to stretch by displacing only one of it's ends.

Melarch
2006-09-07, 11:53 AM
If the detailed lines have been grouped they will move as a block. If the detailed lines are not gouped they will act individually but any connected linework will stretch with it. To move linework without causing other connected objects to move or stretch, select the Move tool and check Disjoin. This allows the selected object or objects to move without affecting other unselected objects or connected objects.

jbernier373584
2017-06-09, 06:40 PM
I know this "auto joining" behavior is the default, and to move detail lines independently you can check the "disjoin" button after you've drawn them... is there a way to disable the auto join behavior? For example, I want to draw a bunch of lines and NEVER have them join together in the first place. Is that possible?

damon.sidel
2017-06-15, 07:44 PM
I don't think you can disable the auto join behavior.