PDA

View Full Version : Installing 9.1

jcoe
2006-09-07, 05:28 PM
I just downoaded and installed Revit Building 9.1 for Autodesk Revit Series and during the installation process it would not allow me to enter my seriel number. I then proceeded to go to help>product and license information to enter my seriel number and register.

When it took me to the Autodesk website it said that my seriel number could not be found. We have been on subscription since release 5.0. In the past, the upgrades seemed to auto-recognize the seriel number and I could register/ activate without a problem. Did I miss something or is this a bug. How do I register the product? Has anyone else experienced this?

davidwlight
2006-09-07, 06:29 PM
Jason,

I think it may be a bug, but I'm waiting for confirmation. I discovered the issue today on a Revit series installation. We have Autocad 2007 & Revit 9 installed as part of ARS, using the same auth code. The disks for 9.1 arrived yesterday; I installed today, but wasn't given a chance to add in a serial number during the installation of 9.1. I assumed it would just pick up the license for the previously installed ARS. However, it didn't, I tried to Authorize online but it just kicked me out. I then proceeded to install v9 on another PC just to check that you could add the serial number in on the previous version & "yes" you can. I have also checked with a friend to see if his installation was suffering with the same issue. He confirmed that he to had the same problem with just Revit Building. He has escalated the issue in Autodesk so it will be interesting to hear the feed back. I'll keep you posted.

Bill McLees
2006-09-07, 09:44 PM
I had the same problem with the build on the website. The program took a serial number on its own (not mine) and would not let me change it.

I had to start over with a fresh install, and it happened again. The second time I figured out which configuration files to delete. When I restarted Revit, I had an "empty" serial number and no further problems. However, it wasn't automatic as before. I did have to enter my serial number manually.